talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chris Cornell has died at age 52

football forum

The last song he played in his last show, hours before the suicide, was "In my time of dying" by Led Zeppelin, something that he had never done. Bizarre.

In my time of dying, I want nobody to mourn
All I want for you to do is take my body home

Well, well, well, so I can die easy [x2]
Jesus, going to make up

Jesus, going to make up my dying bed
Meet me, Jesus, meet me
Meet me in the middle of the air
If my wings should fail me, Lord
Please meet me with another pair

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Not many left from the 90's grunge scene, somebody needs to check on Eddie Vedder 

Lol, but I don't think so. Kurt was in pain and sang about his own pain, Scott Weiland was always a bit of a degenerate, And both of those apply to Layne Staley. But Eddie has always had a more mature and less erratic head on his shoulders. I would be very surprised if he killed himself or ODed. Chris' death surprised me, not going to lie, but if it had happened 20 years ago I wouldn't have been shocked. Different for Vedder who has always seemed happy.

9 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Lol, but I don't think so. Kurt was in pain and sang about his own pain, Scott Weiland was always a bit of a degenerate, And both of those apply to Layne Staley. But Eddie has always had a more mature and less erratic head on his shoulders. I would be very surprised if he killed himself or ODed. Chris' death surprised me, not going to lie, but if it had happened 20 years ago I wouldn't have been shocked. Different for Vedder who has always seemed happy.

Yeah surprised me especially because he hung himself. 

• Subscriber

Took too many of his anxiety meds (benzos); one side effect of those is increased suicide risk in people who suffer from depression :( So fucking tragic.

Archived