• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Final - Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea - Saturday 1st August, 2020

football forum

FA Cup Final  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/20 at 16:30

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, shut up said:

They're so bitter. Never a foul in a million years.xD

Just watched it back he went for the ball not much he could do considering Christensen slid across him. 

What I should've added obviously the Kovacic second yellow was a difference maker, I also don't think you can categorically say Azpilicueta shouldn't have been sent off. 

20 hours ago, Cicero said:

Who would it be then if not Kovacic? Mount? He's been good but lets not forget he was very ineffective Dec-March. Kovacic was probably the most consistent performer this season.

The 343 shithousery needs to end. Especially with the recruitment coming in. No midfielder excels in it bar Kante, and it goes to show how unsustainable it is when we win one game then lose the next. 

Kovacic for me hasn't been consistent throughout the season, nor's Mount. Mount though is a young player, in his first season who's clearly demonstrated how essential he is to the team and the way we play. I think he's our Firmino and will hopefully complement the attacking players we've brought in already for next season and hopefully the ones to come in the future. We miss him more when he doesn't play. Mount had that period mid-season where he was off it but he had also been overused and mismanaged by Lampard in the first part of the season, playing too much. Kovacic has been better than last season and probably is a candidate but I think Mount has offered us more throughout the campaign. No player has been consistently great for us this season but all things considered, I think he's deserving of it. 

Although disappointing we only had ourselves to blame, all that hard work and pressing and closing down of United to get to the final was sadly missing on this occasion, Great opening goal and a great goal to win it and apart from a few occasions where we looked pretty decent we lacked the drive and ambition needed to win a cup final. When Pulisic went off you just knew that we had lost the one person who might have provided us with an inspirational moment and it just went downhill from there... Thought the sending off was very harsh considering but no doubt some of the over reacting helped sway the ref but even so, some you get, some you don't so not going to cry about that... 

Been a learning curve for Lampard this season and with the side being bolstered with new signings more will be expected in the next, Got the feeling he just has an attacking mindset and not too much of a defensive one and he will need to learn to balance that out because we have not improved in that area at all across the whole season... Consistency as well is another problem, we can play great one game and then flop the next and we still don't have a natural leader in the side..

On a more positive note it's been a breakthrough season for the younger players so very,very happy about that, It's been a long time coming and hopefully long may it continue.. 

Well done Arsenal... 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived