talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

James Tarkowski - Is He That Good?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

If they want double that then forget it. Would be in a nutshell why I just don't like the idea of buying from Premier League clubs. I think you can arguably get better for that money even West Ham offered on the continent anyway - I mean we did with Soyuncu and I think he's probably a better player.

• 8 months later...
13 hours ago, Dan said:

Well, nearly a year on and it's back again. We're in for him again, and this time I think it'll happen.

Why? Is someone leaving?

You've got three decent centre backs, is that position really still a priority over anywhere else?

Like a winger for example?

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Why? Is someone leaving?

You've got three decent centre backs, is that position really still a priority over anywhere else?

Like a winger for example?

When we play 3 at the back - which can be often - and one of them gets injured, we're a bit screwed. Evans has picked up an injury or two this season and it's left us very short.

I don't see why this would be bad move from us, to add to the little depth we have at the moment.

A winger can still be a priority, too.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

When we play 3 at the back - which can be often - and one of them gets injured, we're a bit screwed. Evans has picked up an injury or two this season and it's left us very short.

I don't see why this would be bad move from us, to add to the little depth we have at the moment.

A winger can still be a priority, too.

I don't think anyone has mentioned that?

I just questioned how essential it was because it's a deal that will obviously come at a price.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned that?

I just questioned how essential it was because it's a deal that will obviously come at a price.

I know - I was just mentioning a reason as to why it would be a position we could add depth to :) 

It's not the most essential position to buy for, but it still remains one to add experience to. 

• Subscriber

You don't know how long Evans will go on for and the aim this season should be trying to win the Europa League as well as a strong campaign - meaning we'll be facing another 50+ game season. If Tarkowski can be added at a reasonable price it would be a good move now. Whilst he's far from a youngster I think you'd get at least four years out of him. He wants to come, I just don't know if we'll match Burnley's asking price. Their record with him, Mee and Pope in the side is very respectable yet they miss just one of those and they seemingly fall to bits.

Archived