• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Podcasts

football forum

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Football Daily from BBC Radio 5 Live is the only one I'm listening to regularly at the minute. I dip in and out of some club specific ones and general EFL ones too though in between working on my own podcast. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Been listening to price of football lately. Think it's quite a good listen. Basically explores the financial side and often gives an insight into the most ridiculous cases such as Hull, Charlton, Wigan etc...

Mainly Leeds one's for me but other than that, I've listened to all the Peter Crouch one's on BBC Sounds.

Really enjoyable anecdotes and stories, mixed with some great insight.

Would thoroughly recommend.

Price of Football is a good listen, even if it is a bit depressing at times.

Totally Football Show and even more so it's compatriot Golazzo are good listens. Basically bringing back BT Sport's European Football show on a podcast.

Ornstein and Chapman is something a bit different and seems to have a lot of inside information. Zonal Marking is good, but feel it would be a far better as visual content. 

And The Terrace covers Scottish football as good as anyone out there. Occasionally listen to BBC's Scottish football podcast, but most of the time it's so paper thin discussion and the same tired voices. Literally can't remember anything interesting that James McFadden has said on there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I've been on one a few times myself xD called Foxes Fancast, my mate runs it, only a quite recent thing and he's got a few interviews with some ex players of ours, as well as a few where he's had fans on there, me and my mate (also called Dan) went on it and it went down quite well although it's admittedly been loads of moaning, doesn't help that we've lost before just about every single episode.

• Subscriber
On 30/08/2020 at 03:27, Dan said:

I've been on one a few times myself xD called Foxes Fancast, my mate runs it, only a quite recent thing and he's got a few interviews with some ex players of ours, as well as a few where he's had fans on there, me and my mate (also called Dan) went on it and it went down quite well although it's admittedly been loads of moaning, doesn't help that we've lost before just about every single episode.

You and @Stan for the Leicester episode of my podcast? :whistling:

Just released the first proper episode of mine looking at Barrow AFC. I'm wanting to listen to a few more footballing podcasts though as I haven't listened to many recently despite doing one myself! Price of Football sounds good - might have to give that one a whirl.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Just released the first proper episode of mine looking at Barrow AFC. I'm wanting to listen to a few more footballing podcasts though as I haven't listened to many recently despite doing one myself! Price of Football sounds good - might have to give that one a whirl.

I wouldn't mind! Reckon it'd be quite fun. No testing me though :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Ever need advice shoot me a PM. Been doing this for 4 years :) 

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Any reason why Brian's thread was deleted? xD

I requested it to be deleted. I kindly asked if someone wanted to be on my podcast knowing some people on here did so and it quickly turned into a "lets rip Brian" thread. I know it was all a joke but sometimes people need to measure when it's taken too far. Giving away names which people could stumble across and read then get into personal life trouble isn't fair on me, especially when I never even said anything of that sort to begin with.

I know a lot of people here don't like me but just because it's a private forum run by young-ish people does not mean you shouldn't respect the privacy of others. So I asked someone in staff to delete it outright as it was seriously uncomforting me.

2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I requested it to be deleted. I kindly asked if someone wanted to be on my podcast knowing some people on here did so and it quickly turned into a "lets rip Brian" thread. I know it was all a joke but sometimes people need to measure when it's taken too far. Giving away names which people could stumble across and read then get into personal life trouble isn't fair on me, especially when I never even said anything of that sort to begin with.

I know a lot of people here don't like me but just because it's a private forum run by young-ish people does not mean you shouldn't respect the privacy of others. So I asked someone in staff to delete it outright as it was seriously uncomforting me.

I like you Brian

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mpache said:

:D :D 

I like this bit.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mpache said:

Ever need advice shoot me a PM. Been doing this for 4 years :) 

Thank you. I've been doing it for a while too but never in podcast form. Degree in TV and Radio and work in the industry too. If you ever need advice, shoot me a PM too ;) 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Pyfish said:

xD could well do this!

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Let me know your honest thoughts! :8_laughing:

Decent for a first ep!

I think half an hour is a good length for this kind of podcast. Actually ended up learning a bit about Barrow and good to have an actual fan's perspective (unlike Sky and the like who lick the arse off top 6 and any other sides are just an after-thought).

Reckon it'd be good to get some kind of music or jingles (like around the quiz or fun bits near the end) otherwise reckon people might find it a bit tiresome just hearing 2 voices.

Looking forward to future episodes though! I enjoyed it :) 

Archived