talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Podcasts

football forum

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Stan said:

Decent for a first ep!

I think half an hour is a good length for this kind of podcast. Actually ended up learning a bit about Barrow and good to have an actual fan's perspective (unlike Sky and the like who lick the arse off top 6 and any other sides are just an after-thought).

Reckon it'd be good to get some kind of music or jingles (like around the quiz or fun bits near the end) otherwise reckon people might find it a bit tiresome just hearing 2 voices.

Looking forward to future episodes though! I enjoyed it :) 

Thanks mate! Yeah, I've been looking at ways to move onto other sections without it being me going "So let's move on" :) music, sound effect or a jingle is something I'm going to try and do. Going to do them every other week I think to start with whilst I get into the flow of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Episode 2 is out now and looks at Doncaster. I won’t link it here as don’t want to take the piss and promote it all the time.

Really enjoying doing it and can’t wait to improve it as I go along and build up a listener base.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Episode 2 is out now and looks at Doncaster. I won’t link it here as don’t want to take the piss and promote it all the time.

Really enjoying doing it and can’t wait to improve it as I go along and build up a listener base.

I think it's fine for you to link it. Get them to sign up to the site!

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

I think it's fine for you to link it. Get them to sign up to the site!

podfollow.com/the92podcast - that link takes you to either Spotify, Apple or Google Podcasts depending on what device you click it on.

The guy from the Doncaster episode would be amazing on here. One of the most knowledgable and football-mad people I've ever spoken to!

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Pyfish said:

podfollow.com/the92podcast - that link takes you to either Spotify, Apple or Google Podcasts depending on what device you click it on.

The guy from the Doncaster episode would be amazing on here. One of the most knowledgable and football-mad people I've ever spoken to!

I was being serious! Get him to sign up :D. The more the merrier, especially in the Football League section!

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

I was being serious! Get him to sign up :D. The more the merrier, especially in the Football League section!

I know you was :) messaged him already to sign up if he fancies it.

Only 5 streams away from 100 now - might not seem many but I'm really happy with that after only 2 episodes and a trailer!

• 6 months later...
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Starting a podcast to update every South American league. Hope to get it going for real this time :o 

How do you find the time?! 

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend the TIFO football podcast (And YouTube channel) for well researched football related content. I don't listen too often but some of the episodes are really good. A personal favourite of mine being "Among the Ultras" where they interview James Montague who did a book on Ultras.

On 31/07/2020 at 10:50, Pyfish said:

Football Daily from BBC Radio 5 Live is the only one I'm listening to regularly at the minute. I dip in and out of some club specific ones and general EFL ones too though in between working on my own podcast. 

I know I am replying to an old post here but I am curious what your podcast is called?

• 2 weeks later...

Started listening to Total Soccer Show and it's quite good. Football Ramble (including Football Ramble Presents) is still number one though. Guardian Football Weekly and The Totally Football Show are okay.

"Fanaticism is a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal or an obsessive enthusiasm. Philosopher George Santayana defines fanaticism as "redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim" "

Boys. Just watch the games. Enjoy the games. Enjoy the banter with your friends here who love the game, and you real, at home, punchable friends who love the game. 
There is no need to tear apart football as an experience to simply consume more content. It's 90 or 180 minutes a week. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

"Fanaticism is a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal or an obsessive enthusiasm. Philosopher George Santayana defines fanaticism as "redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim" "

Boys. Just watch the games. Enjoy the games. Enjoy the banter with your friends here who love the game, and you real, at home, punchable friends who love the game. 
There is no need to tear apart football as an experience to simply consume more content. It's 90 or 180 minutes a week. 

Literally posted on a football forum xD

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

Literally posted on a football forum xD

Like I said, you can enjoy the banter here, no problem. Even on twitter when you're bored or whatever, but something I'm seeing more and more in society is the over celebration and over analyzation of mans hobbies and pastimes to the point where the original product and the fun it brings is secondary to the culture and secondary content it provides. I spend less than 90 minutes a week actually active on this forum I bet you, but there are people who will watch a game, then watch a 3 hour breakdown of it. 

It's just mental to me. Destroying the thing you love with your fanatical zeal, until you've consumed so much you can't sustainably continue. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Like I said, you can enjoy the banter here, no problem. Even on twitter when you're bored or whatever, but something I'm seeing more and more in society is the over celebration and over analyzation of mans hobbies and pastimes to the point where the original product and the fun it brings is secondary to the culture and secondary content it provides. I spend less than 90 minutes a week actually active on this forum I bet you, but there are people who will watch a game, then watch a 3 hour breakdown of it. 

It's just mental to me. Destroying the thing you love with your fanatical zeal, until you've consumed so much you can't sustainably continue. 

In all seriousness, I do get what you mean. I do see some particular analysis and whatnot on Twitter and just think I dunno, I can't get 'that' invested. I'm not even talking about ideas or whatever here, I'm talking literally about ten positional graphs of players and whatnot, there's a point where it becomes overkill.

Don't find podcasts overkill though really.

Football podcasts are fine. For people like me who commute over an hour each way to work they're a great fix. Plus they're far better than any of the football related radio stations. 

The Palace podcast I listen too weekly is a necessity. The negative views of the majority of Palace fans on Twitter and elsewhere are just jaw dropping. Sooner we get fans back in the ground so the social media platforms are no longer the terrace voices the better. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

@Pyfish The 92 Podcast this week with the Sheffield Wednesday fans was really good. Can't leave a review as I listen on Google!

Thanks mate! It was a bit different for this one having two fans on but I think it worked out alright. A few sound issues but it's all trial and error. Don't worry about a review! Just having people listen is good enough for me.

Archived