talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sergio Reguilon - Spurs Sign Left-Back From Real Madrid

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.e9a2b5c58759169c7843747a23f7f8f8.png

According to a report from Sky Sports, Los Blancos have received a 20 million euro bid from Premier League side Everton, managed by former Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti.

To be honest, 20 million euros is below what Real Madrid seem to want in order to be convinced to sell Reguilon. About 10 million euros more than that would convince Real to sell a 23-year-old left-back coming off a remarkable season because they could loan him to Sevilla for another year. (FANSIDED 250)Arrow.png.cd5333ddac728cfa0659f80a1485f32e.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's ended the season well and essentially some good games on the Europa League stage have probably amped up his price tag and reputation. Seville fans aren't massively blown away by him by any means, he's had a bit of an inconsistent season where he's finished strongly. He's got good physical attributes, full of energy and will get up and down the pitch well but can be suspect defensively at times and one Seville season ticket holder told me he's also got the worst touch in the team. Potential is there and maybe he'll continue onwards and upwards but what I've posted is more or less the general consensus from Seville fans so far. 

@Stan @Dan

Doesn't sound too dissimilar to Chilwell.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

He's ended the season well and essentially some good games on the Europa League stage have probably amped up his price tag and reputation. Seville fans aren't massively blown away by him by any means, he's had a bit of an inconsistent season where he's finished strongly. He's got good physical attributes, full of energy and will get up and down the pitch well but can be suspect defensively at times and one Seville season ticket holder told me he's also got the worst touch in the team.

@Stan @Dan

Doesn't sound too dissimilar to Chilwell.

Think I'll be happy with Tagliafico then! 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Think I'll be happy with Tagliafico then! 

I think it will depend how he develops in the next few years, maybe he'll build on the positive end of the season he's had and continue improving from there. Maybe he'll also iron out some of his weaknesses and grow as there's potential there. If you take away the end of season euphoria and glory of their Europa League win however, the reality seems to be he's been a bit of a mixed bag.

• Subscriber

I thought he looked naturally better in the games I've seen of Sevilla than Chilwell, but I do think there's a lot to be said for the wisdom of crowds and it's rare that the fans are collectively wrong about their own player.

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

I thought he looked naturally better in the games I've seen of Sevilla than Chilwell, but I do think there's a lot to be said for the wisdom of crowds and it's rare that the fans are collectively wrong about their own player.

Would you want him at the quoted price, but Real have a buy back clause?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Would you want him at the quoted price, but Real have a buy back clause?

I would if Tagliafico and Telles weren't attainable, I expect the latter isn't, I think the former may be.

I probably would to be honest, far from ideal with them having a buy back but if they did buy him back it would mean we've had a quality left back for a period of time. I don't like the idea of buy-back but time is running out for us.

I'm really annoyed at us. We collapsed pathetically last season and have so far signed nobody, two weeks before the season. Don't have any hopes for us as things stand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.a3f6536cff000f6c12a0445bc5e3d4b0.png

Manchester United's interest in Real Madrid left-back Sergio Reguilon is being held up by the Spanish champions insisting that a buy-back clause should be inserted into any deal.

United are looking to add depth at left-back this summer after Luke Shaw endured another season limited by injuries, while Brandon Williams also serves as cover at right-back. Diogo Dalot appears to have no future at Old Trafford and the current options are spread too thin. (90 Minutes)Arrow.png.138a2033783a9c51f5924879f0717009.png

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.bb08f79688dd44725a19193d84279d32.png

Manchester United closing in on signing – Negotiations reached ‘maximum intensity in recent hours’

Well, Marca are providing that on Monday lunchtime. The Spanish newspaper reports that contacts have been intensifying between the parties involved in a move.

The article is from their editor Jose Felix Diaz, and it’s stated negotiations are ongoing with Real Madrid. Reguilon is singled out as Manchester United’s first choice for the left-back position, and it’s claimed he now ‘approaches’ Old Trafford. (SportWitness)Arrow.png.7aedd0fe417a0ae349634197c8c65a13.png

• The title was changed to Sergio Reguilon - Man Utd Leading Race for Left-Back
  • The title was changed to Sergio Reguilon - Spurs Sign Left-Back From Real Madrid

Archived