talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Bundesliga Top Five

In the two previous seasons we have had the same five teams coming first. 18/19 Gladbach on fifth only with one goal better goal difference than Wolfsburg on sixth. This season it is quite clear with Leverkusen the best fifth of all time eleven points ahead of Hoffenheim on sixth. To me the five of FC Bayern, RB, BVB, Gladbach and Leverkusen seem to me to be significantly better than the rest, and possibly creating a stable gulf between themselves and the rest of the pack. All five clubs have seem reasonably well run and with decent squads.

The one team that I am not so sure about is Leverkusen without Havertz. Especially Dortmund and Gladbach I see having good seasons next season, not being bothered with playing in Europe in August. As for clubs challenging I see Wolfsburg, Frankfurt and perhaps Hertha as the main suspects, but they would need something very special to make the top five.

So, do you people see it similarly?   

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Bayern

Dortmund 

Gladbach 

Frankfurt 

RB Leipzig

I think you're right about Leverkusen. Losing Havertz is huge. Same for Leipzig and Werner but think they're better equipped to handle it? 

Top two will be that order - Bayern getting Sané just makes their squad ridiculous. Dortmund to put up a good fight again but not quite enough. If Gladbach can keep players like Thuram, Plea and Neuhaus they'd be up there too. 

Not sure about the order of the other 3.

Archived