Bayer Leverkusen (3) vs (1) Rangers, 17.55
Sevilla vs Roma*, 17.55
Wolves (1) vs (1) Olympiacos
Basel (3) vs (0) Eintracht Frankfurt 

*one-legged ties due to COVID, played at neutral venues in Germany

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking forward to today's Europa League matches. The 2nd legs of the Shakhtar Donetsk v Wolfsburg and the FC Copenhagen v Istanbul Basaksehir matches should be exciting. Wolfsburg and Copenhagen need to overcome the 1 goal deficits from the 1st leg against strong opposition. They should both be enticing encounters.

The Inter Milan v Getafe match is going to be played as a one off match, which is strange and different to the other ties being played today. But it should also be an exciting game as both sides will give it their all in search of the winning goal. 

The Man Utd match against LASK Linz is a foregone conclusion in terms of who is going through to the next round, so I don't think that it will be as interesting as the other games, with all due respect to both sides. But there are plenty of interesting ties to look forward to this evening.

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Michael said:

The Man Utd match against LASK Linz is a foregone conclusion in terms of who is going through to the next round, so I don't think that it will be as interesting as the other games, with all due respect to both sides. But there are plenty of interesting ties to look forward to this evening

I gather Ole will give Romero a shot between the sticks to keep him happy, might not be a foregone conclusion though, it depends on what United team turns up for the game, just hope it's not a side that thinks we have this one sewn up and then gets thumped.  

10 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I gather Ole will give Romero a shot between the sticks to keep him happy, might not be a foregone conclusion though, it depends on what United team turns up for the game, just hope it's not a side that thinks we have this one sewn up and then gets thumped.  

I would think that Ole will give a few of the reserves a runout tonight, Romero included. It's highly unlikely, but if they aren't able to hang on to a 5-0 lead from the 1st leg, well then that would be the mother of all humiliations. I am sure though that Ole will have them do a professional job against LASK, even if they lose the game by the odd goal. But I think we can expect United to win this won, maybe not as convincing a win as in the 1st leg, but a win all the same.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Are you serious xD

You're 5-0 up ffs! 

Shakhtar Donetsk and Wolfsburg both have strong starting line-ups, this should be an entertaining game were we can expect plenty of goals in my opinion. Wolfsburg need to score goals and they should be on the attack quite early on. It will be interesting to see how this game unfolds in Kyiv. :)

• Administrator

Wolfsburg have a disjointed line-up. lots of defensive problems. They're strong going forward.

Think Shakhtar will win but hopefully have some goals.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wolfsburg have a disjointed line-up. lots of defensive problems. They're strong going forward.

Think Shakhtar will win but hopefully have some goals.

Brooks, Pongracic and Tisserand are all highly rated defenders and regulars for Wolfsburg, so I don't think they are doing too badly at the back. Their lineup looks quite strong all over the pitch to me.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Brooks, Pongracic and Tisserand are all highly rated defenders and regulars for Wolfsburg, so I don't think they are doing too badly at the back. Their lineup looks quite strong all over the pitch to me.

It's not how they usually line up is it?

Regardless, Wolfsburg getting a lot of joy down the right side with gaps in Shakhtar's defence. Look likely to score first right now.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Michael said:

It didn't take long for them to score did it? That goal must have knocked the WIND out of Istanbul BasaksehirxD

What have I missed here xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived