talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Europa League - Round of 16 (2nd Legs) - 5-6th August, 2020

Camara equalises for Olympiacos as his shot deflects off a defender and into the Wolves net.

But the goal is cancelled by the referee for offside. So Wolves still lead 1-0 thanks to Jimenez's early penalty goal.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dost misses a great chance to give Frankfurt the lead, as his header from a corner goes wide. 

Frankfurt just haven't been clinical enough with the chances that they have, so it remains 0-0 at half-time.

54 minutes ago, Michael said:

Seville hit the bar twice as well as having a goal disallowed for offside(it may have been offside, but it was very close.), they created plenty of chances. Sure the wasted some chances, but I thought that their overall performance was very dominant. Your criticism of Seville, doesn't say much about Roma then.

Yes, but it's like I see that team and I see room to do a lot more like when he was at Porto or Real. Roma really looked lost in every phase of the game and Sevilla did what they had to do and capitalized on that, but I still don't see that offensive potential being fullfilled nor I believe that will happen because of Lope's intrinsic ideas and how that never changed. Is not that they did bad or they played bad, but I can't help myself but think that something very pointable is lacking.

26 minutes ago, Takezo said:

Yes, but it's like I see that team and I see room to do a lot more like when he was at Porto or Real. Roma really looked lost in every phase of the game and Sevilla did what they had to do and capitalized on that, but I still don't see that offensive potential being fullfilled nor I believe that will happen because of Lope's intrinsic ideas and how that never changed. Is not that they did bad or they played bad, but I can't help myself but think that something very pointable is lacking.

I understand what you are saying. They are not a team anywhere near the level of the likes of Bayern Munich or Liverpool for example. For instance, they do not have a clinical top class centre forward. El-Nesyri and Luuk de Jong are decent, but not super players. Also perhaps Lopetegui's tactics and style does not get the best out of the team. However, they look very tough in certain areas and they work very hard as a team. I also think that when you have a player of the quality of Ocampos in your team, you are always going to be dangerous going forward to a certain degree. As a result, I think that they will always be a tough team to play against, no matter who the opposition is.

Love the referee's yellow socks in the Wolves game. Wolves lead in this game, but Olympiacos have given them one hell of a game. It's not surprising how they knocked Arsenal out of this competition, as they are a very difficult side to play against. 

• Administrator

All ties done!

Now we go in to one-legged knock-out ties all in Germany.

Man Utd vs Copenhagen
Inter Milan vs Bayer Leverkusen
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Basel
Wolves vs Sevilla

• The topic was unpinned

Archived