talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City (4) 2-1 (2) Real Madrid - Friday 7th August, 2020

Man City force another good save from Courtois. Real Madrid look the more balanced side, but I think that City have more firepower going forward. I think City should do enough to get through, even though Madrid will be encouraged by the current scoreline.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cicero said:

You wouldn't think Varane was a 4 time Champions League winning and World Cup winning Centre Back. 

My goodness he's looked pathetic tonight.

Two mistakes and at this level, they are always going to be punished. 

14 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Also lol to those people who think Gabriel Jesus is "pony". He's a winger though, not a striker.

Agree. He's a winger. 

I really don't understand why Vinícius didnt even appear on the 2nd half. At this point, he's much a better option than a totally out of shape Hazard.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Best team in Spain comfortably beaten by the best team in the WORLD!!!! :drunk::hh:B|

Liverpool are out and Bayern play tomorrow? 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Liverpool are out and Bayern play tomorrow? 

Bayern don't worry us, they play at a lower level so they wont handle the speed we play at and there best player Sane couldn't even get a game in our team

We played good. Controlled the space really well and didn't press stupidly when Kroos and Modric had the ball, opting for a middle block when the ball came to them in their first third and a high press when ball was in the central defenders and keeper, would be dangerous otherwise because these are two world class players that would probably find space behind the press.

On the Real side, they defended decently against the last pass, but besides that they alowed City to go on 1-2s very easily in the final third and things got worse when Jesus moved to the center. Offensively they looked primitive and very slow, the defenders didn't look quite capable of building up through City's press and that showed on the scoreline. On the front, Hazard got boxed out of the game and couldn't connect with the rest of the team, very poor exhibition. On the opposite note Benzema gave the defense trouble in the few occasions he had. 

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Bayern don't worry us, they play at a lower level so they wont handle the speed we play at and there best player Sane couldn't even get a game in our team

Bayern probably fear a few things about the way Man City play but I doubt speed is one of them.

Either way I agree Man City are the best team in this and the favorites but Lionel Messi is still in the competition and Atalanta are dangerous underdogs with a once in a life time opportunity.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived