Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Juventus (2) 2-1a (2) Lyon - Friday 7th August, 2020

Kick-off 20.00 (BST)

1200px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.svg.png      VS     1200px-Olympique_Lyonnais.svg.png

I'd love Lyon to progress here but then there's the little historical fact that Ronaldo always seems to show up in moments like these. Should be a great game to watch and I really hope the French side go through.

Juve have not looked good lately, not that they had to, but it might happen.

The question that everyone will be asking is can Lyon pull through in this game and hold onto their lead from the first leg? We have seen how Juve have overturned first leg losses in the past, their match against Atletico Madrid last season comes to mind. But this is a different team and a different game. If Lyon manage to score  a goal, that will greatly improve their chances of making it into the next round. Juve though have a lot of experience and they might yet pull off another comeback. It should be another interesting battle, but Lyon no longer have Tousart, the player who scored their winning goal in the 1st leg.

12 minutes ago, Michael said:

The question that everyone will be asking is can Lyon pull through in this game and hold onto their lead from the first leg? We have seen how Juve have overturned first leg losses in the past, their match against Atletico Madrid last season comes to mind. But this is a different team and a different game. If Lyon manage to score  a goal, that will greatly improve their chances of making it into the next round. Juve though have a lot of experience and they might yet pull off another comeback. It should be another interesting battle, but Lyon no longer have Tousart, the player who scored their winning goal in the 1st leg.

xD

That's not a negative. Yes he scored the goal, but they're much better off without him. Bruno G/Caqueret/Aouar midfield 3 tonight 🔥

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

xD

That's not a negative. Yes he scored the goal, but they're much better off without him. Bruno G/Caqueret/Aouar midfield 3 tonight 🔥

But I still think Bruno is not a holding midfielder. I mean, he can be the first man on the midfield behind the defence but in my opinion he does better with more freedom. I feel like Thiago Mendes or Reine-Adélaïde, if fit, would be better suited than Caqueret to be paired with Bruno. 

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

xD

Not sure I agree with you at all regarding Tousart, I think that he is an excellent midfielder and we have had this discussion before. Having said that, Bruno Guimaraes is also a very good midfielder, so this game should be interesting.

and Depay scores from the penalty!! Lyon take the lead in Turin!

Brilliant! 

Get in there Depay!

I think Lyon's lead is no less than they deserve early on here.  They have started the better out of the two teams and Lyon forced an excellent save from Szczesny moments before the penalty was awarded. 

Juventus 0-1 Lyon

Juventus of course now need 3 goals in order to advance to the quarter finals, I can't see it happening.

Ronaldo has a diving header fly over the Lyon bar.

Just seen the penalty Lyon were given. What a shit decision xD

Free-kick for Juventus in a very dangerous position after Ronaldo was brought down.

Lopes makes a super diving save from Ronaldo's resulting free-kick shot.

Penalty to Juventus after a Depay handball and Ronaldo equalises from the penalty spot.

Juventus 1-1 Lyon

Bruno Guimaraes with a long range effort which goes not too high over the bar.

Juventus take the lead from no other than Ronaldo!! Ronaldo blasted the ball towards goal from outside the area, Lopes got a hand to the ball, but he couldn't prevent it from going into the net. It really is game on now!

Juventus 2-1 Lyon

Juventus look poor but Ronaldo with a stunner to make this tie exciting.

Just now, Machado said:

Juventus look poor but Ronaldo with a stunner to make this tie exciting.

He always seems to be the man to rescue them. We've seen it so many times in the past.

The way Juventus are playing now and the fact that Lyon look a bit tired is worrying for the french team. 

@ESPNFC
Cristiano Ronaldo has now broken the record for the most goals scored in a single season for Juventus (36).

A record which stood for 95 years!

Ronaldo puts a header over the bar, he should have done better there. Juve and Ronaldo are trying their best to find that crucial 3rd goal.

Ohhhh Lyon may have a case here. Nvm they dont.

Lyon are asking for a penalty after Dembele was kicked. It doesn't look like a penalty to me.

6 minutes of stoppage time to be played, Juve will be happy about that.

Free-kick in a dangerous position for Juve after Higuain was brought down just outside the Lyon area.