talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Juventus (2) 2-1a (2) Lyon - Friday 7th August, 2020

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'd love Lyon to progress here but then there's the little historical fact that Ronaldo always seems to show up in moments like these. Should be a great game to watch and I really hope the French side go through.

The question that everyone will be asking is can Lyon pull through in this game and hold onto their lead from the first leg? We have seen how Juve have overturned first leg losses in the past, their match against Atletico Madrid last season comes to mind. But this is a different team and a different game. If Lyon manage to score  a goal, that will greatly improve their chances of making it into the next round. Juve though have a lot of experience and they might yet pull off another comeback. It should be another interesting battle, but Lyon no longer have Tousart, the player who scored their winning goal in the 1st leg.

12 minutes ago, Michael said:

The question that everyone will be asking is can Lyon pull through in this game and hold onto their lead from the first leg? We have seen how Juve have overturned first leg losses in the past, their match against Atletico Madrid last season comes to mind. But this is a different team and a different game. If Lyon manage to score  a goal, that will greatly improve their chances of making it into the next round. Juve though have a lot of experience and they might yet pull off another comeback. It should be another interesting battle, but Lyon no longer have Tousart, the player who scored their winning goal in the 1st leg.

xD

That's not a negative. Yes he scored the goal, but they're much better off without him. Bruno G/Caqueret/Aouar midfield 3 tonight 🔥

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

xD

That's not a negative. Yes he scored the goal, but they're much better off without him. Bruno G/Caqueret/Aouar midfield 3 tonight 🔥

But I still think Bruno is not a holding midfielder. I mean, he can be the first man on the midfield behind the defence but in my opinion he does better with more freedom. I feel like Thiago Mendes or Reine-Adélaïde, if fit, would be better suited than Caqueret to be paired with Bruno. 

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

xD

Not sure I agree with you at all regarding Tousart, I think that he is an excellent midfielder and we have had this discussion before. Having said that, Bruno Guimaraes is also a very good midfielder, so this game should be interesting.

I think Lyon's lead is no less than they deserve early on here.  They have started the better out of the two teams and Lyon forced an excellent save from Szczesny moments before the penalty was awarded. 

Juventus 0-1 Lyon

Juventus take the lead from no other than Ronaldo!! Ronaldo blasted the ball towards goal from outside the area, Lopes got a hand to the ball, but he couldn't prevent it from going into the net. It really is game on now!

Juventus 2-1 Lyon

• The topic was unpinned

Archived