talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Juventus (2) 2-1a (2) Lyon - Friday 7th August, 2020

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, binder said:

Juve and Real both out, who wudda thunk it?

It's not too surprising, Real Madrid were knocked out at this stage last season, while Juve were also very close to being knocked out last year at this round of 16 stage. It was only Ronaldo's hattrick and his 86th minute penalty that booked Juve a narrow win on aggregate against Atletico Madrid and a place in the quarter finals.

15 minutes ago, Machado said:

Hard to believe Lyon finished 7th with this midfield trio @...Dan They were quality tonight.

Yeah their fans have been crying out for Caqueret to start all season but Rudi Garcia preferred to play the likes of Tousart instead. This midfield 3 is perfectly balanced imo. I think this is only the 2nd time they've started together, the first being last week in the cup final against PSG.

• The topic was unpinned
6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

HOW THE FUCK AREN'T YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT THAT HANDBALL DECISION!!!!

Joke of a game we are fans of right now. 

Yeah it was ridiculous, but I'm not surprised anymore.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

HOW THE FUCK AREN'T YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT THAT HANDBALL DECISION!!!!

Joke of a game we are fans of right now. 

Both penalty decisions were absolutely ridiculous. This is what annoys me in the age of VAR - what the fuck is it even there for if it's allowing both of those?

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Both penalty decisions were absolutely ridiculous. This is what annoys me in the age of VAR - what the fuck is it even there for if it's allowing both of those?

I hear the first is actually misleading. Bernadeschi clips the heel, its not at all for the slide tackle. But god damn the Juve pen is a fucking disgrace. 

The problem is with football that a lot of decisions go unpunished, so when VAR looks at it it suddenly looks like VAR is being too anal.

But you can see the Lyon players ankle clipped on the first one, and the second the reason handball is given is because the players hand is in front of his body rather than by his side. Technically handball

I'm not one that likes to talk about refs, but that seems a little better than Brych on the other game. I really forgot how shit the guy is, you could sweep a guy dirty that he wouldn't whistle.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I hear the first is actually misleading. Bernadeschi clips the heel, its not at all for the slide tackle. But god damn the Juve pen is a fucking disgrace. 

I saw that and still don't think it is personally.

Archived