The better place to talk football.

World's Most Difficult Sport to Play

football forum

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

"Athlete"

Quarter backs are the queen chess piece yes. They have the most freedom and need more tools than the others, I would say quarter back is still easier to play than say, a halfback in rugby. Who has more responsibility over tactics, needs endurance conditioning because he's running for 2 40 minute halves instead of 10-20 second bursts, and he actually has to make tackles.

there is more to athleticism than conditioning and cardio. come on, you know this. you’re right that a halfback is more responsible in defence than a qb, but you truly underestimate how much a qb affects tactics and strategy of a team. 

i am just assuming I have watched more murikan football than you but Brady has never been known for his physical attributes outside of his arm strength earlier in his career, but others are, the qb for baltimore is the night to brady’s day, all physical

1 hour ago, Spike said:

there is more to athleticism than conditioning and cardio. come on, you know this. you’re right that a halfback is more responsible in defence than a qb, but you truly underestimate how much a qb affects tactics and strategy of a team. 

i am just assuming I have watched more murikan football than you but Brady has never been known for his physical attributes outside of his arm strength earlier in his career, but others are, the qb for baltimore is the night to brady’s day, all physical

I know quarter backs vary, and I know you don't have to look like ronaldo to be fit. But here is how tom pom operated through his career. 

1. Listen to the coaches instruction on set plays

2. A quartet of excellent obese men block opposition line men, giving him 3 seconds to look for the receivers who are supposed to be in space, based on that play

3. Throw the ball a long way with pin point accuracy

4. Have a 2 minute break as they walk up the yards. 

Only his vison and hand eye strength/coordination are impressive. Yes, there are QBs who run and or throw excellently. But Brady is a prime example that you don't have to be a top athlete to be a great QB.

• Subscriber

I really don’t like NFL. I find it very very boring but I’m not really sure what a picture and body shaming someone does to prove whether someone’s an athlete or not.  

What defines being athletically fit? It’s a mixture of strength, endurance, speed of reaction etc. Going off the points discussed above my post you’d assume that goalkeepers at the highest level in football(the real football) are very unfit because they get constant breaks. But I doubt that’s very true at all.

These are still all elite level sportsmen and women who play these sports. However they may look on a “*insert name* fat” googled picture. 

I’ll give you a prime example.

I’m an AJ fan over Tyson Fury as everyone knows on here. But just because AJ is built like a body builder and Tyson Fury is built more like Tom Brady above, does that make him any less of an elite athlete than Anthony Joshua? 

No.

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

I really don’t like NFL. I find it very very boring but I’m not really sure what a picture and body shaming someone does to prove whether someone’s an athlete or not.  

What defines being athletically fit? It’s a mixture of strength, endurance, speed of reaction etc. Going off the points discussed above my post you’d assume that goalkeepers at the highest level in football(the real football) are very unfit because they get constant breaks. But I doubt that’s very true at all.

These are still all elite level sportsmen and women who play these sports. However they may look on a “*insert name* fat” googled picture. 

I’ll give you a prime example.

I’m an AJ fan over Tyson Fury as everyone knows on here. But just because AJ is built like a body builder and Tyson Fury is built more like Tom Brady above, does that make him any less of an elite athlete than Anthony Joshua? 

No.

Tom Brady doesn't have a gas tank, tom brady doesn't have huge explosive power, or speed. He has great muscle memory and good hand eye. But you didn't read my argument did you? 

By the way, fitness= work capacity across broad times and modal domains. Tyson Fury, fight to fight would be embarrassed by most other athletes in a contest of general athleticism 

Archived