talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fulham Back in Premier League!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be interesting to see how Fulham approach things this time round.

Season before last when they came up, they splashed the cash like nobody's business, changed half the team and never adapted tactically to the step up in challenge. All in all, it was a bit of a car crash for them.

Credit to them, they have come straight back up after a year down, no messing.

Full credit to Scott Parker in his first full season, that is a great achievement even if they got to spend big money to do it.

I wish them luck but not too much as they are a direct rival to us in terms of fighting to stay up.

Two people come to mind when I think of Fulham, Michael Jackson and Brede Hangeland. He probably could have done a job for a team challenging for trophies, though I do suppose for a team Fulham were quite ambitious, what with the Europa League in all (making poor Lily Allen cry)

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

Two people come to mind when I think of Fulham, Michael Jackson and Brede Hangeland. He probably could have done a job for a team challenging for trophies, though I do suppose for a team Fulham were quite ambitious, what with the Europa League in all (making poor Lily Allen cry)

lily Allen is a flat chested chav skank

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

I remember when Scott Parker was the best player in the world for about six months, or so people would have you believe.

I remember that too. Because he ran a lot and had no other outstanding qualities. Wasn't even the best midfielder in a West Ham team that got relegated TBH

53 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

lily Allen is a flat chested chav skank

I remember that too. Because he ran a lot and had no other outstanding qualities. Wasn't even the best midfielder in a West Ham team that got relegated TBH

Lily Allen may be a flat chested chav skank but she has at least three really catchy songs

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Spike said:

I remember when Scott Parker was the best player in the world for about six months, or so people would have you believe.

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Mark Noble-esque. 

Scott Parker was absolutely class in 2005/06 for us. He was our player of the year. Loved him at the time. He was made captain. He had a legit goal disallowed in the UEFA Cup Quarter Final which was the end for Roeder.

Then fat Sam sold him and replaced him with Alan Smith :4_joy: 

I do think Fulham will be a lot better this time around. Them and Villa were both in very similar situations when they came up, a lot of their team which helped them get promoted were loanees so they had to splash out to replace the ones going back. The team is much more settled this time around so I'd expect them to add much better signings. Still think they'll be in and around the relegation battle but the Kahn's seems ambitious so if they establish themselves they could stick around for a long time. 

Archived