• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jamal Lewis - Newcastle Sign Norwich Left-Back

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I'd take him at Arsenal for that price, not entirely sure going somewhere to be back-up would be best for him though. I think Leicester should be all over this if they get a big price for Chilwell. 

Agreed. Same with Max Aarons if Pereira gets sold. But I think he'll end up somewhere bigger within 1-2 seasons. 

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Sounds like Norwich are interested in Larouci so he could potentially go the other way. 

I love Michael Edwards.

Also if this is our annual relegation signing, I hope we make 2 this season. Sarr at Watford could be decent affordable cover out wide

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I love Michael Edwards.

Also if this is our annual relegation signing, I hope we make 2 this season. Sarr at Watford could be decent affordable cover out wide

Yeah I could see that. My issue with signing Sarr would be the AFCON thing though. I know it's not for another 18 months or whatever (I think?) but if he was to be our cover for Mane and Salah, we'd have four away if it was to be mid season. I suppose there's another few windows before then to sort that problem though

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah I could see that. My issue with signing Sarr would be the AFCON thing though. I know it's not for another 18 months or whatever (I think?) but if he was to be our cover for Mane and Salah, we'd have four away if it was to be mid season. I suppose there's another few windows before then to sort that problem though

We’ve been linked with an Algerian defender too xD - but yeah that’s a good point.

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Don’t see why he’d want to sit on Liverpool’s bench?

Really? You don't see why a young player from a relegated side would want to take a chance at moving to the top team in the country?

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Really? You don't see why a young player from a relegated side would want to take a chance at moving to the top team in the country?

Not if there’s first team football available at other Prem clubs

39 minutes ago, Danny said:

Depends which club I suppose. Probably the worst that happens for him if it doesn't work at Liverpool is he drops to a lower table PL side anyway so might as well take the chance

51 minutes ago, Danny said:

Maybe he thinks he’ll get a chance to get himself off the bench? The fee is already reportedly higher than what we paid for Andy Robertson... so maybe he’ll see that and think he can challenge Andy (I doubt he can tbh, but he’s a professional athlete so he’s meant to have belief in himself).

Honestly, if I were in his shoes but with my brain... yeah I’d want as much first team football as possible. In his shoes being a squad player and a chance to be a part of a club that’s shown its competitive in recent years would be really appealing though.

53 minutes ago, Rick said:

Would expect it to get done close to 14m with a couple million in add-ons. They were never gonna accept the first offer. 

Yeah I think they'll meet somewhere in the middle. Not sure how much we can expect to get for Larouci off them if they are actually interested. 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah I think they'll meet somewhere in the middle. Not sure how much we can expect to get for Larouci off them if they are actually interested. 

I’ve heard they’re not actually interested, but who knows.

14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

Heard that Jamal Lewis agent contacted Liverpool at player’s request to say he would take a 10k pw wage reduction on five year contract, if that meant Reds would bid £2.5m more. It came too late. Lad was desperate to come

That’s pretty shit for him.

• Subscriber

There has to be a catch with some of these Norwich players. Half of their team is wanted by decent sides yet they've just been absolutely beaten the shit out of in this league. There are some frauds amongst that lot I'm adamant.

• The title was changed to Jamal Lewis - Norwich Want £20m for Left-Back

Archived