talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jamal Lewis - Newcastle Sign Norwich Left-Back

14 minutes ago, Rick said:

You think about it pal. Teams don’t just go after one player at a time. 

Clubs don't get to the point of signing 2 players for the same position. 

Anyway fuck it, if you think we were really in for Lewis whilst on the verge of signing Tsimikas then LOL

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Turned our attention to Tsimikas? We signed him litteraly 2 days after our 'reported' bid for Lewis was rejected xD

Norwich wouldn't budge on their £20m valuation? Funny that, they seem pretty happy to budge on it now?!?!

come on guys. 

Liverpool would have scouted both extensively. I don't know why you're insistent on proving that we wanted Tsimikas ahead of Lewis, it's a good thing that the recruitment team have alternatives if one deal isn't possible.

Norwich have clearly tried to have Liverpool off because they're one of the bigger clubs. The lad is then probably unhappy that they've done him out of a move so they've had to accept this from Newcastle

11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Liverpool would have scouted both extensively. I don't know why you're insistent on proving that we wanted Tsimikas ahead of Lewis, it's a good thing that the recruitment team have alternatives if one deal isn't possible.

Norwich have clearly tried to have Liverpool off because they're one of the bigger clubs. The lad is then probably unhappy that they've done him out of a move so they've had to accept this from Newcastle

Ok mate xD

41 minutes ago, Rick said:

Trying to make up some narrative of us being absolute wizards and faultless in the transfer window. We went for a backup option cause the first was a non-starter, so what. 

How do you know Lewis was our first option? Its not like he is a massively wanted man? Whereas Napoli etc were in negotiations for Tmisikas for months before we signed him. 

It should be common knowledge by now that since Klopp and Edwards took over transfers we have a great track record and give nothing away to the press unless its to our advantage. Us leaking stories regarding Lewis is now a common tactic used when tying up other transfers away from the press... hence why a deal with Tmisikas was tied up literally days after the Lewis links were dismissed.

Fuck it anyway.. does it really matter.

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

we wasn't. If you think we would have gone to all the trouble of negotiating for both players whilst negotiating terms etc with each player then thats your downfall mate.

We signed Tsimikas litterally days after Norwich rejected our reported final bid for Lewis.... think about it?

I think Liverpool were just playing the market and negotiating both at the same time, nothing against that, and they just pulled out whichever one wasn't working. You're arguing with me but we are saying the same thing I think!

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Harvsky said:

I'm reading Norwich fans saying he's not top 10 prem standard. He's got too many flaws. They couldn't get anymore than that for him so it's a good deal for them. To be honest they don't seem to care he's off.

This is quite worrying. 

In a nutshell why I was never that othered. Never known a team do as poorly as Norwich have yet have so many players that highly rated. There are definitely a couple of duds minimum in amongst Lewis, Aarons, Cantwell, Buendia and Pukki.

20 hours ago, shut up said:

Why would you bid for a player you weren't interested in? What happens if norwich accept liverpool's offer?

This!! Clubs will remember unprofessional behavior, you don’t just make bids to throw the media off.

If Norwich accepted the offer and it’s true Lewis was desperate for the move, then we just said “oh lol we were doing this for the media” the club and the player would be furious!

Also we’ve got journos who are mouthpieces for the club. You don’t need to submit an actual offer for a player to “create a smokescreen” - you get a journo that’s trusted to make comments.

How is this stupid argument even being had again? xD

Archived