• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eric Garcia - Wants to Leave Man City

football forum

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I can imagine it won't just be Barca after him now that he's said he won't be extending. A loss for City if he does go this summer but they'll find someone to replace him or Pep will give players like Stones another shot maybe?

I feel like it’s tough for the kids at Citeh because of the high expectation and the club’s ability to just go drop a few fat sacks of cash to sign almost anyone they want. But like @Spike says, it’s not like Pep doesn’t give kids chances or support their development. Foden looks to be showing that if a kid is quality and patient he’ll slowly get more and more chances with this City side. At Barca, everything’s such a mess and that club is run by lunatics currently, it seems like not a very stable environment to move to at that age if things ever do go tits up.

I think an ideal solution from Citeh’s perspective is getting him to sign an extension and giving him a chance on loan at a top flight club somewhere. But seems like he wants to leave permanently... soooo if he’s planning on being a starter at Barca, good luck to him

I know it’s a dream for young players to want to join Real Madrid or Barcelona, but unless you are seriously one of the best players in the world in your position I don’t know why you would go. You’re gonna be made a scapegoat for anything bad that happens and the fans turn on players so fast. The two biggest sets of ungrateful cunt fans going. Fuck those clubs and their dickhead supporters, I’d rather play for a mid table team and be appreciated. 

24 minutes ago, Rick said:

I know it’s a dream for young players to want to join Real Madrid or Barcelona, but unless you are seriously one of the best players in the world in your position I don’t know why you would go. You’re gonna be made a scapegoat for anything bad that happens and the fans turn on players so fast. The two biggest sets of ungrateful cunt fans going. Fuck those clubs and their dickhead supporters, I’d rather play for a mid table team and be appreciated. 

Thing is, Eric Garcia is Spanish. He was born in Barcelona. For him, playing for his local club in his own country is probably his biggest dream in Football. He probably supports the club, his family are all there, it just fits. Pep being ex Barca will likely completely understand what it means to him so won't stand in his way.

And for all the stories of young players that aren't necessarily a success when going there, whose to say that he couldn't become the next Gerard Pique?

When he left Man Utd for Barcelona, he was a kid still, no sign he would turn into one if the best centre halves of that generation, purely based on potential, but at Barcelona that is what he did.

I think you need to believe in yourself and your ability and give it a shot when it comes because you'll always wonder what if, if you don't.

And to be frank, I actually think he's more chance of making it at Barca than City given how everything is more geared around instant success than the future. The recent signing of Ake and impending signing of Koulibaly typifies that.

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Thing is, Eric Garcia is Spanish. He was born in Barcelona. For him, playing for his local club in his own country is probably his biggest dream in Football. He probably supports the club, his family are all there, it just fits. Pep being ex Barca will likely completely understand what it means to him so won't stand in his way.

And for all the stories of young players that aren't necessarily a success when going there, whose to say that he couldn't become the next Gerard Pique?

When he left Man Utd for Barcelona, he was a kid still, no sign he would turn into one if the best centre halves of that generation, purely based on potential, but at Barcelona that is what he did.

I think you need to believe in yourself and your ability and give it a shot when it comes because you'll always wonder what if, if you don't.

And to be frank, I actually think he's more chance of making it at Barca than City given how everything is more geared around instant success than the future. The recent signing of Ake and impending signing of Koulibaly typifies that.

You’re right.....but still, fuck Barcelona 👀

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.eec3fe1997c083bdcd53c53bfe8c8686.png

According to SER Catalunya programme Què t'hi Jugues, Barça have placed another offer for Manchester City's 19-year-old centre-back Eric García, who came up through the youth teams in La Masia. The Azulgranas have tabled an eight million euros bid for the defender plus a further two in add-ons. García will be out of contract in June 2021. City, however, wants 20 million, a fee which Barcelona are not willing to pay. If the situation doesn't change, Eric García will remain with City for the rest of the season and join on a free transfer in June. The player has told Manchester City that he wants to leave. Guardiola has also increased the number of central defenders in the squad with new arrivals Ruben Dias and Aké, who join Laporte and Stones. (AS)Arrow.png.7aa020abd1505ab9cbbde3535df74d84.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Man City chief reveals why Barcelona bid for Eric Garcia failed

The defender has stayed at Manchester City after the clubs could not bridge a £2million gap in valuation

Manchester City decided to keep Eric Garcia for the season because he was worth more to them than Barcelona’s £18million offer.

The Blues turned down the Catalan club’s final offer on deadline day, even though it was just £2million short of their “bottom line” valuation of the 19-year-old defender – and despite the fact, Garcia can leave for the Nou Camp for nothing next summer after turning down a new contract.

Now City’s football operations officer Omar Berrada has discussed the reasoning behind a move which brought some criticism from City fans, but which angered many more Barca fans, who could not believe their club could not find the extra £2m.

Berrada is a key figure in City’s transfer strategy, keeping control of the budget and ensuring that the club’s moves stay within their overall plan.

And he said the Blues had worked out the value of Garcia for the coming season, given that he is a player who it was known would not be any trouble, despite seeing his dream move disappear.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/berrada-man-city-transfers-txiki-19086186

• The topic was locked

Archived