Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Eric Garcia - Wants to Leave Man City

I can imagine it won't just be Barca after him now that he's said he won't be extending. A loss for City if he does go this summer but they'll find someone to replace him or Pep will give players like Stones another shot maybe?

Posted (edited)

He will play 10 games for Barcelona make one mistake, get dropped, and have no support from the staff like he would from Guardiola.

I feel like it’s tough for the kids at Citeh because of the high expectation and the club’s ability to just go drop a few fat sacks of cash to sign almost anyone they want. But like @Spike says, it’s not like Pep doesn’t give kids chances or support their development. Foden looks to be showing that if a kid is quality and patient he’ll slowly get more and more chances with this City side. At Barca, everything’s such a mess and that club is run by lunatics currently, it seems like not a very stable environment to move to at that age if things ever do go tits up.

I think an ideal solution from Citeh’s perspective is getting him to sign an extension and giving him a chance on loan at a top flight club somewhere. But seems like he wants to leave permanently... soooo if he’s planning on being a starter at Barca, good luck to him

I know it’s a dream for young players to want to join Real Madrid or Barcelona, but unless you are seriously one of the best players in the world in your position I don’t know why you would go. You’re gonna be made a scapegoat for anything bad that happens and the fans turn on players so fast. The two biggest sets of ungrateful cunt fans going. Fuck those clubs and their dickhead supporters, I’d rather play for a mid table team and be appreciated. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Rick said:

I know it’s a dream for young players to want to join Real Madrid or Barcelona, but unless you are seriously one of the best players in the world in your position I don’t know why you would go. You’re gonna be made a scapegoat for anything bad that happens and the fans turn on players so fast. The two biggest sets of ungrateful cunt fans going. Fuck those clubs and their dickhead supporters, I’d rather play for a mid table team and be appreciated. 

Thing is, Eric Garcia is Spanish. He was born in Barcelona. For him, playing for his local club in his own country is probably his biggest dream in Football. He probably supports the club, his family are all there, it just fits. Pep being ex Barca will likely completely understand what it means to him so won't stand in his way.

And for all the stories of young players that aren't necessarily a success when going there, whose to say that he couldn't become the next Gerard Pique?

When he left Man Utd for Barcelona, he was a kid still, no sign he would turn into one if the best centre halves of that generation, purely based on potential, but at Barcelona that is what he did.

I think you need to believe in yourself and your ability and give it a shot when it comes because you'll always wonder what if, if you don't.

And to be frank, I actually think he's more chance of making it at Barca than City given how everything is more geared around instant success than the future. The recent signing of Ake and impending signing of Koulibaly typifies that.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Thing is, Eric Garcia is Spanish. He was born in Barcelona. For him, playing for his local club in his own country is probably his biggest dream in Football. He probably supports the club, his family are all there, it just fits. Pep being ex Barca will likely completely understand what it means to him so won't stand in his way.

And for all the stories of young players that aren't necessarily a success when going there, whose to say that he couldn't become the next Gerard Pique?

When he left Man Utd for Barcelona, he was a kid still, no sign he would turn into one if the best centre halves of that generation, purely based on potential, but at Barcelona that is what he did.

I think you need to believe in yourself and your ability and give it a shot when it comes because you'll always wonder what if, if you don't.

And to be frank, I actually think he's more chance of making it at Barca than City given how everything is more geared around instant success than the future. The recent signing of Ake and impending signing of Koulibaly typifies that.

You’re right.....but still, fuck Barcelona 👀

• Haha 1

Quote.thumb.png.f33bdcc55740ef20ddc83eb8feed9551.png

Barcelona will try to sign Manchester City's Spanish defender Eric Garcia, 19, this summer if they can sell French centre-backs Samuel Umtiti, 26, and Jean-Clair Todibo, 20. (Mail Online)Arrow.png.22decea1e04058afcd8193ca45ee5568.png