talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Player of The Season & Young Player of The Season

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As already said, Trent should win the young player by a mile. Between De Bruyne and Mane for player of the year for me. I think De Bruyne will probably win it but for me Mane's contributions in big moments and big games would edge him over De Bruyne.

• The title was changed to Premier League Player of The Season & Young Player of The Season
  • Subscriber

Shame that goalkeepers don't get some kind of singular recognition because Dean Henderson has been superb this year.

But yeah I think KDB and TAA will clinch the two spots. 

If you wan't to see a stat site that compares KDB to Mane with infographics the link is below.

https://one-versus-one.com/en/compare-players/Kevin-de-Bruyne-vs-Sadio-Mane

While Mane does score more he's nowhere close in assists nor is he close in key passes either. Makes you wonder what would have been had City been able to keep KDB fit all season.

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Shame that goalkeepers don't get some kind of singular recognition because Dean Henderson has been superb this year.

But yeah I think KDB and TAA will clinch the two spots. 

If you wan't to see a stat site that compares KDB to Mane with infographics the link is below.

https://one-versus-one.com/en/compare-players/Kevin-de-Bruyne-vs-Sadio-Mane

While Mane does score more he's nowhere close in assists nor is he close in key passes either. Makes you wonder what would have been had City been able to keep KDB fit all season.

De Bruyne played 35 PL games

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

De Bruyne played 35 PL games

Didn't check but I was under the impression he was out for City for a long spell. Even if he wasn't those assist stats are ridiculous as well as the ability to influence decisions. 

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Didn't check but I was under the impression he was out for City for a long spell. Even if he wasn't those assist stats are ridiculous as well as the ability to influence decisions. 

No he missed a large chunk of 18/19

De Bruyne and Trent, easy. We are literally all saying the same it's that clear cut.

Honourable mention to Mane and he has had a great season, I'd just say he was unlucky that KDB for me individually has been better.

I also think what goes against Mane is that as a team Liverpool were brilliant all round from Trent to Van Dijk, from Henderson to Salah and Mane. It was all about as a team with them than one man dragging them through.

Where as at City, you never had that. Fits and starts from some but no one you could say shouldered the burden all the way through bar one man, Kevin De Bruyne.

13 Goals, 20 Assists are some impressive stats for a man playing in his position and without a shadow of a doubt, he has consistently been Man City's most reliable player this season in what was such an up and down year.

Without him, you'd have to wonder truly where they could have been. Maybe 3rd or 4th. 100% deserves it for me.

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

As already said, Trent should win the young player by a mile. Between De Bruyne and Mane for player of the year for me. I think De Bruyne will probably win it but for me Mane's contributions in big moments and big games would edge him over De Bruyne.

I completely agree, Trent deserves the young player award, while the player of the season has to be between De Bruyne and Mane. That is a really hard call, because they were both world class, yet they are both very different players. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, 6666 said:

Dean Henderson is 23. Martial and Grealish are 24.

They definitely need to lower the age of the YPOTY category.

Martial was signed for thirty something million five years ago. Absolute joke that he can be eligible for this.

Should be 21 and under and to be honest, I wouldn't be against it being even lower than that.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Martial was signed for thirty something million five years ago. Absolute joke that he can be eligible for this.

Should be 21 and under and to be honest, I wouldn't be against it being even lower than that.

I thought it was well more than 30 odd million

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I thought it was well more than 30 odd million

It could be, he was signed with a bunch of bonuses that would make the fee skyrocket if they are activated. Something well over 100 if he wins the balon d'or anytime in his career

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Young player should be for 22 and under, and you should only be able to win it once. Once you've "broken out" no more YPOTY for u. 

Kevin 07 and TAA or Mount for me

Big bloke Rudd smashing the Libs and English defenders.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived