• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga Week 38 Fixtures - 19-21 May 2017

football forum

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Stan said:

A point will do for Madrid. Barca have to hope Madrid lose. 

It ain't going to happen although I still remember (nobody in Spain has ever forgotten and both Míchel and Valdano are at war of words right now over it) when Real Madrid lost two leagues in a row on the final day of the season where the met Tenerife away on both occasions and lost.  It ain't gonna happen but boy would that be hilarious.

As @SirBalon said, it isn't going to happen. My new nickname for Real Madrid would have to be 'PSG' if they let it slip now.

I'm simply looking forward to a great game and performance to end off the Liga season against Eibar and sign Luis Enrique off in his final match at the Camp Nou in style. 

15 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

As @SirBalon said, it isn't going to happen. My new nickname for Real Madrid would have to be 'PSG' if they let it slip now.

I'm simply looking forward to a great game and performance to end off the Liga season against Eibar and sign Luis Enrique off in his final match at the Camp Nou in style. 

Actually in my view it's laughable that they haven't managed to do it before the last game of the season.  Mourinho beat a much much better Barça side the season he won La Liga although both those Barcelona sides do have one thing in common which is losing a few ridiculous games that they would never lose with hindsight.

I said a while back even before the Clásico victory for Barça, that if Real lost La Liga this season it would be the most embarrassing event ever in the history of Spanish football even more than those two titles Real lost on the last day (two years in a row against the same side) to Tenerife handing the title to Barcelona.  This would be much much worse and Real should've wrapped it up a long while ago.  The reason they haven't is because they've actually been mediocre themselves (the table never lies) and people seem to have forgotten this.

There is no way in hell Real Madrid are losing to Málaga tomorrow!  NO WAY!  It isn't going to happen, infact it's not allowed to happen even in a celestial sense.  Málaga (this Málaga) have nothing to offer this Madrid side unless tomorrow the referee goes absolutely mental against the side from the capital.

20170520-636308826131802486_201705201314

Zidane: "Many don't want Real Madrid to win but we don't care"

In today's pre-match press conference in Málaga Zinedine Zidane thought it was going to be the usual rhetoric of questions asked on the possible selection for tomorrow's all important game which could mean Real Madrid winning their second La Liga title in 9 years.  It was far from that and due to the polls being run all over the the media and the different tv channels asking people in the street all over the country on who people preferred to win La Liga, the results were overwhelming with people not caring who won it but as long as it wasn't Real Madrid.  Zidane was quite perplexed with those questions (I agree with him as it's not down to him to think about that type of stuff) he answered this:

"We know there are many that don't want us to win La Liga, but this is nothing new because it's always been like this.  Maybe the situation has become more acute in recent times, but we don't care and we can only try an win our games to meet our objectives."

There were other quotes regarding the game when the journalists gave way but this is what's made the headlines and will be in tomorrow's sports newspapers.  To be honest I feel sorry for Zidane because one thing you have to give him is that he's always maintained his composure and has never lost his mannerisms even when all those questionable refereeing decisions were happening earlier on in the season.  He never got aggravated like for example Luis Enrique at Barcelona does...  The Barça coach hates the media and every press conference turns into a war with him showing a grimace on his face.  Today was the first time (as we can see in the picture above) where we observed Zidane being uncomfortable with the situation in front of the media.  Even so, he maintained himself, answered the questions and carried on.

The truth is that Real Madrid hasn't been so unpopular in Spain since time can remember.  Traditionally Real was most people's second team many years ago due to their famed "Señorío" (gentlemanly conduct) in general.  But this has long been lost.

Just now, True Blue said:

Two penalties in 7 minutes for Barcelona and red for Eibar.

Have to love the La Liga

Don't worry, @Cannabis will tell you that the refs only care about helping RM win. Haha, this league is a joke at times. 

2 minutes ago, ATL said:

Don't worry, @Cannabis will tell you that the refs only care about helping RM win. Haha, this league is a joke at times. 

The important stuff happened when it mattered and not what's happened today.  That's opportunism and ridiculous.

Just now, SirBalon said:

The important stuff happened when it mattered and not what's happened today.  That's opportunism and ridiculous.

Haha, okay. If you don't see the hypocrisy, I can't help you on that. 

It's over in Malaga. RM are the champs. Congrats :congrats:

1 minute ago, ATL said:

Haha, okay. If you don't see the hypocrisy, I can't help you on that. 

It's over in Malaga. RM are the champs. Congrats :congrats:

I don't need any help with that.  Don't tell me about Spanish football unless you've seen every game like I won't about Serie 'A'. ;)

Just now, Cannabis said:

I know you're joking but you haven't watched the whole of this season. I won't say anymore because I've been into it over and over. 

Great goal by Messi too and congratulations to Real Madrid, always nice to see a small underdog team top the table. Shades of Leicester.

Half joking, but I've seen enough that again, if you were a supporter of Celta or Malaga, then I would understand your beef. But Barca get royal treatment just as much as RM. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

I don't need any help with that.  Don't tell me about Spanish football unless you've seen every game like I won't about Serie 'A'. ;)

Not saying I have seen every game, but Barca get all the calls as well. It appears that in the league, unless you are from RM, Barca, Atletico, then you won't get the calls. 

That's just how it seems. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Storts said:

HALA MADRID.

Best team won the league - great effort from Zidane's men 

agree with this. 

Happy for Zidane too as admired him when he was playing the game. 

As for the Barca/Real corrupt thing - both as bad as each other. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived