talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Europa League QF - Wolves 0-1 Sevilla - Tuesday 11th August, 2020

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks like a very difficult match to call. I think that Seville might just edge this one, as I have been quite impressed with them, especially with their Argentine winger Ocampos. But I hope that Wolves beat the Spanish side, it would be great to see two English teams in the semi finals of the Europa League.

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

Lol, that’s idiocy from Carlos 😂

Andddd Jimenez makes a right mess of it. I absolutely hate those slow run ups. 

Same here, most players who do those slow or short run ups usually miss. That penalty was a huge chance missed by Jimenez and Wolves.

5 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Embarrassing how much BT are fixating on some minor encroachment with the missed penalty. 

Wolves did absolutely nothing all game. They soundly deserved to lose.

Just thought this myself, yes VAR has clearly missed a goal scoring opportunity for Wolves. But why are they not talking about and analysing Sevilla’s game? They outplayed Wolves and made them look like a Premier League side of yesteryear, park the bus and hoof

Wolves probably went a round further than they should have in fairness but ultimately lacking the class to make the next step.

Being solid is great but you need to have more about you going forward and they do need to work on that. Besides Jimenez, you do wonder who else will get goals for them.

Could be a blessing in disguise anyway. They have a small squad, they could probably do without the distraction of the Europa League next season.

• The title was changed to 2019/20 Europa League QF - Wolves 0-1 Sevilla - Tuesday 11th August, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived