• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Juventus Sack Sarri

Recommended Posts

Sky Italia are reporting that Pochettino has already been contacted, although management would prefer Zidane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has the league title on his CV and that’ll do him some good...I know it’s easier for Juve to win Serie A but if things really aren’t going well you could easily be that manager to lose the title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After last night the little chance he had of staying totally evaporated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder where he'll end up now, can't see any options in italy for him.. 

He's due a £27m payout if he goes 24 months without another job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danny said:

He has the league title on his CV and that’ll do him some good...I know it’s easier for Juve to win Serie A but if things really aren’t going well you could easily be that manager to lose the title

It isn't just that, his philosophy of football is proven to be successful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never got the appointment, he didn't have the pedigree whatsoever for the job. Think Pochettino could be a smart choice considering they need to have a bit of a rebuild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do think football's in quite a sorry state when you can win a league and be sacked one week later - for all I think he's not really the right man.

It's fundamentally a broken sport.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dan said:

I do think football's in quite a sorry state when you can win a league and be sacked one week later - for all I think he's not really the right man.

It's fundamentally a broken sport.

I dunno. Juventus have won the league 9 times in a row. It must be as boring as supporting Celtic. Europe's all they've got.:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Never got the appointment, he didn't have the pedigree whatsoever for the job. Think Pochettino could be a smart choice considering they need to have a bit of a rebuild.

Good shout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope he goes to Spain personally. His football will flourish there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DNA said:

Wonder where he'll end up now, can't see any options in italy for him.. 

He's due a £27m payout if he goes 24 months without another job.

Then he should relax for the next couple of years. Otherwise, he’s an idiot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hope he goes to Spain personally. His football will flourish there. 

I'd love it if Rocco Commisso decides to hand him the Fiorentina job and give him a chance to return the club to the top level. No real egos in their squad and a lot of young talent, but currently inconsistent, players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

I'd love it if Rocco Commisso decides to hand him the Fiorentina job and give him a chance to return the club to the top level. No real egos in their squad and a lot of young talent, but currently inconsistent, players.

They've just given Iachini a new contract though unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

They've just given Iachini a new contract though unfortunately.

It's Italy, they can appoint a new manager and sack him again within the same month... Sarri would probably need a full preseason to fully implement his ideas on a team anyway. A season off for him, especially as weird a season as we're going to have, isn't the worst problem for him to have anyway.

Latest rumour is Pirlo, having just been appointed as their Under 23 manager. Seems like it's probably just an interim appointment with next season so close.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Really?

Seems to be widely reported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Seems to be widely reported.

This kinda reminds me of when Ciro Ferrara was appointed as Juve coach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pirlo, Gattuso, Filippo Inzaghi, Simone Inzaghi, Mihajlovic all managing in Serie A next season.

It's like late 90s Serie A nostalgia re-lived all over again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarri went from never winning a trophy to always getting sacked when he wins a trophy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t want to be that person but Football is getting to a place I’m not comfortable with. Even the winners these days aren’t happy now.

They might want a Champions League but it’s the Champions League, it’s not something you can just win, like Serie A for Juve, Ligue 1 for PSG etc. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dan said:

I do think football's in quite a sorry state when you can win a league and be sacked one week later - for all I think he's not really the right man.

It's fundamentally a broken sport.

Not really. Juventus were by far the most talented team, but became unwatchable with Sarri, had a terrible run of form and got knocked out of the Champions League by Lyon. They have taken several steps back this year under Sarri. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I don’t want to be that person but Football is getting to a place I’m not comfortable with. Even the winners these days aren’t happy now.

They might want a Champions League but it’s the Champions League, it’s not something you can just win, like Serie A for Juve, Ligue 1 for PSG etc. 

When these teams have a monopoly over the league it becomes not all that impressive to win it with them. Winning a league title as Juve is the minimum requirement. Getting knocked out the champions league by the team who finished 7th in the french league is awful. I’ve a lot of time for Sarri but he’s not exactly pulled up any trees there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rick said:

When these teams have a monopoly over the league it becomes not all that impressive to win it with them. Winning a league title as Juve is the minimum requirement. Getting knocked out the champions league by the team who finished 7th in the french league is awful. I’ve a lot of time for Sarri but he’s not exactly pulled up any trees there. 

You’ve got to win a league over 34 games, regardless of how much wealth a side has, it’s still a big achievement and should be viewed as such. 

The Champions League contains a number of top, top quality sides in it, so winning it is far harder. You cannot just expect to have some sort of monopoly on the Champions League, it’s just not how it works. This year is a bit of an anomaly anyway, especially for Juve and Italian football, who haven’t played since June prior to being beaten by Lyon. Juve are just getting Real/Barca levels of daftness and sacking managers for not winning the Champions League, regardless of how they do domestically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I don’t want to be that person but Football is getting to a place I’m not comfortable with. Even the winners these days aren’t happy now.

They might want a Champions League but it’s the Champions League, it’s not something you can just win, like Serie A for Juve, Ligue 1 for PSG etc. 

That's what I mean - though I do think going out to a Lyon side who finished 7th in Ligue 1 is definitely not acceptable.

 

2 hours ago, Eco said:

Not really. Juventus were by far the most talented team, but became unwatchable with Sarri, had a terrible run of form and got knocked out of the Champions League by Lyon. They have taken several steps back this year under Sarri. 

This is again what I mean though about how broken football has become. A team can win the league and it's not good enough. It's as sure a sign as you'll see that the sport is fundamentally broken. I'm not saying they got the decision wrong either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pirlo managing some of those players is hilarious. Bonucci, Buffon, Chiellini, Ronaldo... I can't imagine Ronaldo sitting there taking Pirlo's tactics seriously.

Maybe the board's strategy is mimicking what Zidane did with Real Madrid all those years ago. Tactically all over the place but with all the freedom in the world, their world class players can shine and do something funny in a knock out competition. They need better players to do that though, I find their squad overrated.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This phase of a top club appointing an ex player is honestly ridiculous I think.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement