talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Juventus Sack Sarri

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has the league title on his CV and that’ll do him some good...I know it’s easier for Juve to win Serie A but if things really aren’t going well you could easily be that manager to lose the title

2 hours ago, Danny said:

He has the league title on his CV and that’ll do him some good...I know it’s easier for Juve to win Serie A but if things really aren’t going well you could easily be that manager to lose the title

It isn't just that, his philosophy of football is proven to be successful. 

• Subscriber

I do think football's in quite a sorry state when you can win a league and be sacked one week later - for all I think he's not really the right man.

It's fundamentally a broken sport.

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

I do think football's in quite a sorry state when you can win a league and be sacked one week later - for all I think he's not really the right man.

I dunno. Juventus have won the league 9 times in a row. It must be as boring as supporting Celtic. Europe's all they've got.:ph34r:

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Never got the appointment, he didn't have the pedigree whatsoever for the job. Think Pochettino could be a smart choice considering they need to have a bit of a rebuild.

Good shout. 

1 hour ago, DNA said:

Wonder where he'll end up now, can't see any options in italy for him.. 

He's due a £27m payout if he goes 24 months without another job.

Then he should relax for the next couple of years. Otherwise, he’s an idiot. 

41 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hope he goes to Spain personally. His football will flourish there. 

I'd love it if Rocco Commisso decides to hand him the Fiorentina job and give him a chance to return the club to the top level. No real egos in their squad and a lot of young talent, but currently inconsistent, players.

12 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

I'd love it if Rocco Commisso decides to hand him the Fiorentina job and give him a chance to return the club to the top level. No real egos in their squad and a lot of young talent, but currently inconsistent, players.

They've just given Iachini a new contract though unfortunately.

24 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

They've just given Iachini a new contract though unfortunately.

It's Italy, they can appoint a new manager and sack him again within the same month... Sarri would probably need a full preseason to fully implement his ideas on a team anyway. A season off for him, especially as weird a season as we're going to have, isn't the worst problem for him to have anyway.

Latest rumour is Pirlo, having just been appointed as their Under 23 manager. Seems like it's probably just an interim appointment with next season so close.

• Administrator

Pirlo, Gattuso, Filippo Inzaghi, Simone Inzaghi, Mihajlovic all managing in Serie A next season.

It's like late 90s Serie A nostalgia re-lived all over again!

I don’t want to be that person but Football is getting to a place I’m not comfortable with. Even the winners these days aren’t happy now.

They might want a Champions League but it’s the Champions League, it’s not something you can just win, like Serie A for Juve, Ligue 1 for PSG etc. 

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Not really. Juventus were by far the most talented team, but became unwatchable with Sarri, had a terrible run of form and got knocked out of the Champions League by Lyon. They have taken several steps back this year under Sarri. 

17 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I don’t want to be that person but Football is getting to a place I’m not comfortable with. Even the winners these days aren’t happy now.

They might want a Champions League but it’s the Champions League, it’s not something you can just win, like Serie A for Juve, Ligue 1 for PSG etc. 

When these teams have a monopoly over the league it becomes not all that impressive to win it with them. Winning a league title as Juve is the minimum requirement. Getting knocked out the champions league by the team who finished 7th in the french league is awful. I’ve a lot of time for Sarri but he’s not exactly pulled up any trees there. 

Archived