talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Juventus Sack Sarri

On 10/08/2020 at 08:28, RandoEFC said:

How many of those were total rookies though? 

We gave King Kenny the job while he was still playing for us. Worked out weirdly well though.

On 10/08/2020 at 10:58, Dan said:

Solskjaer wouldn't get a job at just about any other Premier League club.

He might now that he’s gotten United into the CL, tbh.

But I don’t think he’d have gotten the job (or the quick contract offer) at all on his credentials at all. But he was appointed as a caretaker at first, tbf.

But I’m with @The Artful Dodger on this one. It seems fairly common that a fairly inexperienced manager that’s a former player gets a chance that another novice manager probably wouldn’t get if not for who they were. Tbh, I don’t think Gerrard or Lampard would have gotten their jobs at Rangers and Derby if not for the fact they were 2 of the best midfielders in England for a very long time - so sometimes you don’t even need to be a legend of the club you’re taking over to get a chance you’re maybe... not “qualified” for.

I do think it’s weird for Juve, because how do they really improve on the past... however many seasons of constantly winning Serie A? You’ve got to win the Serie A & CL to top that probably. So that’s a big ask for Pirlo, who’s not really got any experience whatsoever.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

NewCiro Venerato (Rai Journalist):

“I received a phone call from Figline Valdarno (where Sarri lives) from friends of the former Juventus manager, and I discovered interesting things. Maurizio Sarri has not signed with any team. A month ago he said no to Marseille. Arsenal and Tottenham are following him, as well as Roma”.

Archived