talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Atalanta 1-2 PSG - Wednesday 12th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PSG has the stars, but Atalanta has the better team. 

For all the money PSG has spent in the last decade, their squad is quite poor. They have no really good alternatives in their squad to Verratti, he´s the only creative midfield in that squad. Juventus has the same problem, too many similar midfielders. 

Also, this shows how good Atalanta scouting is. They managed to build a better squad than the oil-rich PSG. 

Neymar is certainly the topic of the night so far. He´s been at the same really good and terrible. xD

• Administrator

Neymar's loving the nutmegs.

Can tell he's missing the creativity and flair of Mbappe next to him to support him. He's doing everything himself so far.

21 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

PSG has the stars, but Atalanta has the better team. 

For all the money PSG has spent in the last decade, their squad is quite poor. They have no really good alternatives in their squad to Verratti, he´s the only creative midfield in that squad. Juventus has the same problem, too many similar midfielders. 

Also, this shows how good Atalanta scouting is. They managed to build a better squad than the oil-rich PSG. 

Neymar is certainly the topic of the night so far. He´s been at the same really good and terrible. xD

Yep, they're missing Verratti so much.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Got a feeling PSG will get a dodgy penalty. Mbappe coming on has already changed the flow of the game when PSG get forward.

Atalanta seems to have this inbuilt habit of grabbing even when they know the player they are holding back has a defensive line waiting. I think penalty or a red card is coming before the end of this game.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Got a feeling PSG will get a dodgy penalty. Mbappe coming on has already changed the flow of the game when PSG get forward.

Atalanta already have 5 bookings, I wouldn't be too surprised if they have a player sent off at some point in this game.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Atalanta seems to have this inbuilt habit of grabbing even when they know the player they are holding back has a defensive line waiting. I think penalty or a red card is coming before the end of this game.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Atalanta already have 5 bookings, I wouldn't be too surprised if they have a player sent off at some point in this game.

Just seems so inevitable doesn't it...

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Atalanta have themselves to blame here. This game is over now.

Not sure they do. They were out on their feet after giving so much to the game.

• The title was changed to Atalanta 1-2 PSG - Wednesday 12th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

2-1 PSG!

They've turned it around.

I knew it, after they equalised, it was only going to be them who were going to win it. Atalanta used up so much energy trying to prevent PSG to score in the match. You have to feel a little for Atalanta, they have tried their best and held on for a long time. But PSG finally found a way through.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Not sure they do. They were out on their feet after giving so much to the game.

That may be true but retention in the middle of the pitch might have helped a little instead of trying to run it up the pitch. I think I have counted three instances where they've tried to push the ball instead of trying to hold onto it. Shame what's happened here but I think the game could have been managed better.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Strength in depth 

Well, they were certainly aided by Atalanta getting absolutely knackered. Let's face it they were pretty poor for the most part barring Neymar. Mbappe changed the game.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived