talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Atalanta 1-2 PSG - Wednesday 12th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

• The title was changed to Atalanta vs PSG - Wednesday 12th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neymar did a thing that is almost impossible: he united brazilian football fans. We're all supporting PSG because of him. 8 of the 10 most commented topics in Twitter Brasil are related to Neymar. 😂

About the match, I feel Atalanta have a slight advantage. I think their midfield is better than PSG's, especially with the absence of Verratti. I expect Papu Gomez to run the show. 

Tuchel will probably start a very conservative midfield with Marquinhos, Herrera and Gueye. 

PSG is gonna give the ball to Atalanta and try to surprise the italians on the counter, with Neymar dropping to the midfield to organize those counter-attacks. But this is where not having a fully fit Mbappé really hurt the parisiens. Icardi doesn't have much pace and Sarabia is not a great finisher. 

Anyway, I think this a really nice matchup. Hoping for an entertaining match.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Neymar did a thing that is almost impossible: he united brazilian football fans. We're all supporting PSG because of him. 8 of the 10 most commented topics in Twitter Brasil are related to Neymar. 😂

About the match, I feel Atalanta have a slight advantage. I think their midfield is better than PSG's, especially with the absence of Verratti. I expect Papu Gomez to run the show. 

Tuchel will probably start a very conservative midfield with Marquinhos, Herrera and Gueye. 

PSG is gonna give the ball to Atalanta and try to surprise the italians on the counter, with Neymar dropping to the midfield to organize those counter-attacks. But this is where not having a fully fit Mbappé really hurt the parisiens. Icardi doesn't have much pace and Sarabia is not a great finisher. 

Anyway, I think this a really nice matchup. Hoping for an entertaining match.

I think this is also a game where, in Mbappe's absence and in giving support to Neymar so they're not just reliant on him, someone like Di Maria should and could step up and run the show for PSG as much as Gomez can/could do for Atalanta.

Both sides heavily rely on their attacking 'score more than you' kind of attitude. I just hope this game isn't ruined by any kind of (VAR) controversy :(  

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think this is also a game where, in Mbappe's absence and in giving support to Neymar so they're not just reliant on him, someone like Di Maria should and could step up and run the show for PSG as much as Gomez can/could do for Atalanta.

Both sides heavily rely on their attacking 'score more than you' kind of attitude. I just hope this game isn't ruined by any kind of (VAR) controversy :(  

Di María is suspended. And considering Icardi's terrible form in 2020, PSG's attack tonight is basically Neymar. 

This is why I think Tuchel will use Marquinhos in the midfield and park the bus.

• Administrator
Just now, El Profesor said:

Di María is suspended. And considering Icardi's terrible form in 2020, PSG's attack tonight is basically Neymar. 

This is why I think Tuchel will use Marquinhos in the midfield and park the bus.

Oh. I missed that then! :dash3:

12 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Will Neymar play centrally? Most of Atalanta's attacks generate from their right side. If Neymar is playing off the left, can see them trying to make him defend or exploit his reluctance to track back all game.

2 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Will Neymar play centrally? Most of Atalanta's attacks generate from their right side. If Neymar is playing off the left, can see them trying to make him defend or exploit his reluctance to track back all game.

I think so. Under Tuchel, Neymar became more of an attacking midfielder, I just don't see Neymar as a winger anymore.

Sarabia will track back on the right and on the left, the inclusion of Marquinhos give Tuchel a more defensive midfield, so Neymar can save his legs to push the counters. 

Another alternative is a 4-men midfield, with Icardi and Neymar upfront.

And I think this is probably the best version of Neymar. I've been following him since he was 18 and I think he's finally matured into a team player. Neymar was always brilliant individually but now his game is more well-rounded and collective, his vision and passing are off the charts.

9 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

If the world is against Neymar, then Brazil is against the world. xD

I love so many Brazilian players... and I've always had a sort of soft spot for Brazil's national team because Ronaldo when I was a kid and Ronaldinho when I was an older kid... and ENTERTAINMENT. But I fucking hate Neymar and I can't stand him xD... I also hate PSG as a club (they were plastic as fuck before Qatar got involved, quite frankly, but Qatar's ownership of them certainly ads to the hate).

So normally, I'd probably like the side with the biggest star in Brazil and be wanting them to go through (unless it's like... them against Liverpool, or Brazil v England lol). But I just can't do it here.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I love so many Brazilian players... and I've always had a sort of soft spot for Brazil's national team because Ronaldo when I was a kid and Ronaldinho when I was an older kid... and ENTERTAINMENT. But I fucking hate Neymar and I can't stand him xD... I also hate PSG as a club (they were plastic as fuck before Qatar got involved, quite frankly, but Qatar's ownership of them certainly ads to the hate).

So normally, I'd probably like the side with the biggest star in Brazil and be wanting them to go through (unless it's like... them against Liverpool, or Brazil v England lol). But I just can't do it here.

I totally understand why people dislike Neymar. He´s immature and spoiled. I can´t help but root for him though. 

Football is the one area where you see brazilians being successful in a worldwide scale. This is really rare and I guess that´s why we support Neymar. 

I really thought Malinovskiy would replace Ilicic. I´m surprised the ukrainian is not in the starting XI. 

As for PSG, not really a suprise Marquinhos is in the midfield and Kimpembé and Silva in the defence. Without Verratti, Di María and Mbappé, Tuchel went for a more conservative approach. Atalanta will have the ball.

Having said that, it´s kinda sad that a player as talented as Draxler isn´t even an option. The worst part of it is that he seems comfortable with this situation. 

• The title was changed to Atalanta 1-0 PSG - Wednesday 12th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

PSG don't look their normal selves with the absence of Mbappe, Di Maria and Verratti. Like El Profesor said, their midfield looks very uncreative, they are just 3 hard working midfielders in there. It looks like PSG are relying on the genius of Neymar to get them out of this one.

• Administrator

Storms causing the delay issues on the commentary. It's very frustrating. They'd announced the goal before Zapata even had the ball to give to Pasalic xD 

• The title was changed to Atalanta 1-2 PSG - Wednesday 12th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived