talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Atalanta 1-2 PSG - Wednesday 12th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Atalanta have themselves to blame here. This game is over now.

Was about to say the equaliser was deserved. A bit of a sad ending but yea no one to blame but themselves.

Neymar very good. If Mbappe and Neymar are at their best they're very scary. Firepower is insane.

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Choupo-Moting? xD Me and my friends always joke about how the fuck he made it to PSG. 

I've always thought that, he's not crap, but he's nothing special as a centre forward at this level. PSG need a higher quality back-up forward than him really, but hey, he did score today. xD

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

So happy for my brazilian boys. ☺️

Neymar was immense today, Mbappé and Choupo changed the game.

Congrats to Atalanta. What a great season. Next season, with the right signings they can challenge for Serie A and make another deep run in Europe.

Neymar was doing almost everything by himself. He did excellent with his dribbling and creativity, but his finishing wasn't great. He still was the main spark in the PSG team before Mbappe came on.

3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Neymar was immense today, Mbappé and Choupo changed the game.

Neymar não marcou mas resolveu.

Bayern and City are much more of a team I think. However in the 90 minutes anything can happen, especially when you probably have the 2nd and 3rd best players in the world.

19 minutes ago, Michael said:

Neymar was doing almost everything by himself. He did excellent with his dribbling and creativity, but his finishing wasn't great. He still was the main spark in the PSG team before Mbappe came on.

Neymar tied a Champions League record tonight with 16 dribbles completed. The most in a single match, tied with Messi vs Manchester United in April 2008.

His finishing was off, but he was still amazing. PSG´s midfield didn´t offer much, but Neymar managed to create the chances. Mbappé is so important, his ability to run behind the defence and his pace are really a game-changer. Amazing talent. 

Choupo-Moting was a giant as well. Really clutch.

PSG has terrible squad depth but when you have stars like Mbappé and Neymar, you always have a shot. 

11 minutes ago, Machado said:

Neymar não marcou mas resolveu.

Bayern and City are much more of a team I think. However in the 90 minutes anything can happen, especially when you probably have the 2nd and 3rd best players in the world.

O pai sempre resolve. xD

Obviously wanted Atalanta to win like everyone but I got to be honest, I didn't think they were that great themselves tonight. They had so little of the ball and against a side like PSG, you are asking for trouble trying to see out a precarious 1-0 lead. Bit like Wolves, they had a great run and punched to get as far as they did but sometimes you need a bit extra when it comes to the crunch.

Of course they lost it so late and in heartbreaking fashion, but to be totally blunt, PSG missed some great chances during that second half that it should have been over sooner. For me, PSG deserved it.

As for Mbappe, he has the world at his feet. Unbelievable talent, and hopefully he get's bored of Ligue 1 fast and tests himself on a bigger stage, like the Premier League or La Liga.

3 hours ago, El Profesor said:

I totally understand why people dislike Neymar. He´s immature and spoiled. I can´t help but root for him though. 

Football is the one area where you see brazilians being successful in a worldwide scale. This is really rare and I guess that´s why we support Neymar. 

See, the problem with this attitude is then everyone hates you for celebrating a piece of shit. Which is exactly what that little tranny is.

Tim Cahill is Australian. He also is a record holder for most fouls by a non defensive player in a season, got red carded every other game, including his last, is the only player I've ever seen get yellow carded while being stretchered off the pitch for injuring himself while fouling another player and 90% of his goals would be nul and void in todays game as VAR would get him for grabbing his marker by the shirt and using them as a step ladder. 

Principles people. 

12 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Neymar tied a Champions League record tonight with 16 dribbles completed. The most in a single match, tied with Messi vs Manchester United in April 2008.

His finishing was off, but he was still amazing. PSG´s midfield didn´t offer much, but Neymar managed to create the chances. Mbappé is so important, his ability to run behind the defence and his pace are really a game-changer. Amazing talent. 

Choupo-Moting was a giant as well. Really clutch.

PSG has terrible squad depth but when you have stars like Mbappé and Neymar, you always have a shot. 

O pai sempre resolve. xD

The better side clearly won. For Atalanta, they can be proud of their run, but I like to see the biggest talent's go as far as possible in major competitions. So to see Neymar and Mbappe moving into the next round to entertain us some more, I see that as a good thing. I am also pleased for Tuchel, he's a very talented young manager and it's good to see him finding some success in European competition as a manager. However, I think that they will have a very difficult task in the semi finals against either Atletico Madrid or RB Leipzig. Those are two very strong and tricky sides to play against. But with Verratti, Di Maria and a fit Mbappe back, PSG should be back to their best in the semis, so it should be an exciting semi final.

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

See, the problem with this attitude is then everyone hates you for celebrating a piece of shit. Which is exactly what that little tranny is.

Tim Cahill is Australian. He also is a record holder for most fouls by a non defensive player in a season, got red carded every other game, including his last, is the only player I've ever seen get yellow carded while being stretchered off the pitch for injuring himself while fouling another player and 90% of his goals would be nul and void in todays game as VAR would get him for grabbing his marker by the shirt and using them as a step ladder. 

Principles people. 

I thought australians loved Tim Cahill and Harry Kewell, and then I ended up finding out you guys hate them. haha

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Principles people. 

Depends if you can take a step back and judge his football abilities while ignoring his personality. I think it's a good thing he's still in the competition, which doesn't mean I won't cringe if he's rolling on the ground.

• Subscriber

It's absolutely gutting but it wasn't surprising. Atalanta just got too far deep in the end and lacked their usual attacking threat. Zapata was absolutely fucked.

I really do think with Ilicic available they win that.

4 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Wow. It´s probably Bojan, Shaqiri and Choupo-Moting. Am I missing anyone?

Who was in the 2005? Crouch joined us in 2006, so I think he's the 2007 one. But I can't think of who'd be on the relegated Stoke side that was either with us or Milan?

*edit* oh it says Semi-Final not Finals.

Still... who was it from 2005?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived