talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

RB Leipzig 2-1 Atletico Madrid - Thursday 13th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Do they have to prove these tests are positive? Can imagine clubs just using this to postpone games. 

Don't think any matches will be postponed due to the tight schedule. Wouldn't be surprised if that only means the respective players aren't available anymore. Don't know for sure, though.

• Administrator
Just now, El Profesor said:

To be honest, this is the quarter-finals matchup that I was looking forward to the least. Mostly because I'm not a huge fan of Simeone's brand of football.

But I hope I'm wrong and we end up having an exciting match.

I don't think this season it's been as bad as previous seasons. Think they really feel the loss of Griezmann (as any side with his form would) and have struggled to replace the goals. They create enough chances but Costa/Morata/Llorente as your front-line doesn't scream world class for where Atletico want to be and realistically can be.

Just now, Stan said:

I don't think this season it's been as bad as previous seasons. Think they really feel the loss of Griezmann (as any side with his form would) and have struggled to replace the goals. They create enough chances but Costa/Morata/Llorente as your front-line doesn't scream world class for where Atletico want to be and realistically can be.

Replacing the aging full-backs with Trippier and Lodi gave the team another dimension, and Thomas developed into a world-class midfielder, but to be honest I'd rather have Klopp's Liverpool on this spotlight.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Missed the first 10 to 12 minutes of this one, how has it been so far? Seen the Atletico shot just now and the save from Gulacsi, but how'd it go before that?

Nothing much of note. Savic had a header saved (easily) and Halstenberg missed an easy opportunity to at the minimum hit the target but blazed over.

• Administrator
Just now, Michael said:

Oh no, it's McManaman as co-commentator on BT Sport for this game. Might just turn down the volume and just enjoy the play. :ph34r:

I've desensitised myself to his shite he spouts xD 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Oh no, it's McManaman as co-commentator on BT Sport for this game. Might just turn down the volume and just enjoy the play. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Ugh, all the support for RB here is disgusting! :P 

McManaman did just say he'd rather have a season ticket at Leipzig than Atletico so that tells you everything you need to know :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Ugh, all the support for RB here is disgusting! :P 

It’s only cause I LOATHE Atletico. 

I don’t think saying you’d rather watch Leipzig than Atletico is that mad either. Atletico are the Spanish Burnley with some money. 

I really think that Schick could be key in this game, when he eventually comes on at some point in this game. He is an excellent finisher and I think he could be crucial in unlocking this ultra-tight Atletico defence.

• Administrator

Poulsen has been absolutely terrible. A lot of play is targeted to him as the attacks go forward but his passing breaks down the move. Most of the time too hard and Leipzig end up losing the ball.

I want Atletico to win this tie but in the interests of the game, them scoring first would be the worst thing. They do know how to defend a lead and it would become boring to watch should they go ahead.

1 minute ago, Machado said:

Upamecano is very impressive. Good with the ball and a beast physically.

You can tell he is real quality. He is so strong in the tackle and he is actually very strong on the ball and great a bringing the ball out of defence. He is one of the most complete defenders in the world right now. It's not surprising that so many of the top clubs are after him.

6 minutes ago, Michael said:

You can tell he is real quality. He is so strong in the tackle and he is actually very strong on the ball and great a bringing the ball out of defence. He is one of the most complete defenders in the world right now. It's not surprising that so many of the top clubs are after him.

Indeed. He doesn't play like your regular 21 year old, that's for sure. Very dominating.

Leipzig with a nice start but seemed a bit anxious in the last third. They don't shoot much and they don't shoot well.

Carrasco a breath of fresh air for Atletico.

I agree with Stan in that Atletico scoring first would ruin the rest of the game. This is tactically very interesting so far for me.

• The title was changed to RB Leipzig 2-1 Atletico Madrid - Thursday 13th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived