talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

RB Leipzig 2-1 Atletico Madrid - Thursday 13th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

Just now, Machado said:

Indeed. He doesn't play like your regular 21 year old, that's for sure. Very dominating.

Leipzig with a nice start but seemed a bit anxious in the last third. They don't shoot much and they don't shoot well.

Carrasco a breath of fresh air for Atletico.

Leipzig's passing in the final third hasn't been the best tonight, with Angelino and Poulsen the main culprits so far in my opinion. But I think they need a natural finisher like Schick on. Poulsen always works so hard for the team and when on form he's very dangerous, but it just didn't go well for him in that 1st half. A more natural finisher like Schick is what I think Leipzig need. He's also great at holding up the play. He doesn't work as hard as Poulsen, but Leipzig have plenty of other players who can do the running out there, they need Schick's finishing touch I believe.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Michael said:

You mean the £80 million Maguire?:ph34r:

Yeah? Pricetags these days are pretty irrelevant. Not reflecting the actual value of the player. We rinsed Man Utd.

Just now, Stan said:

Yeah? Pricetags these days are pretty irrelevant. Not reflecting the actual value of the player. We rinsed Man Utd.

That was my point, he isn't worth anywhere near £80 million. Probably £30 million at most in today's market and that might be me being kind.

• The title was changed to RB Leipzig 1-0 Atletico Madrid - Thursday 13th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
Just now, Stan said:

Lodi booked for diving.

This ref taking no shit from all the amateur dramatics Atletico players are giving out tonight.

Referee has been great so far. He's made several very good decisions.

3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Hard to understand why João Felix is on the bench.

Don't think it was a good move for him with the way Atletico play. You get the feeling if they had 20 players on the pitch, they'd still play with 20 players behind the ball. Benefits the Diego Costa type of player and does the opposite for the João Felix type. Griezmann did well enough there so I guess it can work for him but might take time.

• Administrator

This is the worst I've seen Atletico play in ages. Maybe they're suffering from the extended break but even so, it's very underwhelming. Usually they're passing is accurate and precise. Never seen them misplace so many.

If Leipzig had a better player than Poulsen (or if Werner was still there) I can imagine it'd be more than just 1-0 so far.

• The title was changed to RB Leipzig 1-1 Atletico Madrid - Thursday 13th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
3 minutes ago, Machado said:

Don't think it was a good move for him with the way Atletico play. You get the feeling if they had 20 players on the pitch, they'd still play with 20 players behind the ball. Benefits the Diego Costa type of player and does the opposite for the João Felix type. Griezmann did well enough there so I guess it can work for him but might take time.

I agree. In my opinion, City was a much better choice. 

Simeone convinced him, probably promissing more playing time than he would have at City, but Pep was always the ideal coach for him.

Amazing talent. And totally changed the game tonight.

• The title was changed to RB Leipzig 2-1 Atletico Madrid - Thursday 13th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived