talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona 2-8 Bayern Munich - Friday 14th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

• The title was changed to Barcelona vs Bayern Munich - Friday 14th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bayern will win this easily unfortunately. They have been especially class since the restart of the season.

To stand a chance, Messi, Suarez, Alba, Ter Stegen and de Jong will have to play at their best and the defence will need to play out of their skins, which is the most worrying part.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Bayern will win this easily unfortunately. They have been especially class since the restart of the season.

To stand a chance, Messi, Suarez, Alba, Ter Stegen and de Jong will have to play at their best and the defence will need to play out of their skins, which is the most worrying part.

Yeah I can just see Barca's defence getting overrun by how fluid and quick the Bayern attack is.

I fear this could be another humiliating night for Barca again like at Anfield last season.

• Subscriber

I agree. Can't see anything other than a Bayern win here. Unbeaten in all competitions since December 2019 and Barcelona haven't been the same team since the resumption of the season .

My opinion is that Bayern will rip Barcelona to shreds, just as they did in the Champions League in 2013. Hansi Flick gets Bayern to play a similar style of football to what Jupp Heynckes had Bayern play. Bayern under Heynckes were world class and almost unbeatable. Now the same rule seems to apply to Flick's Bayern, as the German side look formidable. The pressing and pragmatic football that Bayern play, overwhelms most of the opposition and they are my clear favourites to win this seasons Champions League, despite the scrapping of the 2 leg system in the knockout rounds.

It makes me think that Bayern really lost out spending millions on Guardiola, Ancelotti and Kovac, when they would most likely have had much more success under a manager like Flick, because of the way he gets Bayern to play. Flick gets the best out of Bayern and I can see him being their manager for a very long time. He is the much younger managerial heir to Heynckes. Flick could really become a legend of a manager at Bayern over the next 10 years or more.

Barcelona are great offensively, as we saw how they dominated Napoli in the last round. However, Bayern are a top class side, who I think will defeat Barcelona tonight. They will find their way past Barcelona's defence and score goals. I will be going out to watch this one, it should be very entertaining. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Bayern are probably the most efficient side in Europe. Barcelona are fortunate this is a one legged affair and will have to rely on the sheer brilliance of Messi to get anything here. 

Seems to be the only plan Barca have these days.

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Bayern are probably the most efficient side in Europe. Barcelona are fortunate this is a one legged affair and will have to rely on the sheer brilliance of Messi to get anything here. 

Over two legs I would be more confident, Messi can definitely steal a match still. 

• Administrator

Just did the 'combined XI' for Bayern/Barca. Had this...

Ter Stegen

Pavard - Pique - Alaba - Davies

Kimmich - Vidal

Gnabry - Messi - Muller

Lewandowski

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

I still miss Vidal. Thats my takewaway :(

I just love his passion and effort he puts in to every single game. And he's just very talented I think. Under-rated, for me.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Prefer Bayern out of the two. Can’t stand Messi as a human and the rest of those twats at Bayern. 

If Barca go through. Refs are likely to screw over any teams who play them in the semis or the final if they make it.

Finally ,some real teams in this cup!  WTF is it with PSG, Man City and Lawn Bowl Leipzig still in it????  What a joke cup! 

Boateng will get overrun by Messi, Suarez and Greizmann,  Barca to easily win 7-1

The surprise is Griezmann on the bench. 

Honestly, it makes zero sense to leave your 2nd best player on the bench.  Suárez is the one forward that should be benched in order to reinforce the midfield. The uruguayan is overweight and doesn't offer much to a team that will try to explore the counter-attack. 

On the other hand, I really like the fact Vidal is starting this one. He is the one player at this Barcelona squad who offers that feistiness needed in order to beat a better team.

5 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

The surprise is Griezmann on the bench. 

Honestly, it makes zero sense to leave your 2nd best player on the bench.  Suárez is the one forward that should be benched in order to reinforce the midfield. The uruguayan is overweight and doesn't offer much to a team that will try to explore the counter-attack. 

On the other hand, I really like the fact Vidal is starting this one. He is the one player at this Barcelona squad who offers that feistiness needed in order to beat a better team.

Yeah Vidal playing is a sign they know they're underdogs here and I don't recall Barça being underdogs to this extent.

Just now, Machado said:

Yeah Vidal playing is a sign they know they're underdogs here and I don't recall Barça being underdogs to this extent.

Yes. This is probably the worst Barcelona since 2008.

All three of Coutinho, Dembélé and Griezmann on the bench for this one. 

Barcelona spent a total of 345 million euros on these three players. 

• The title was changed to Barcelona 2-8 Bayern Munich - Friday 14th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived