talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona 2-8 Bayern Munich - Friday 14th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I've seen that look on Messi's face before. It came right after this Origiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!

All jokes aside, this Barcelona side are done and need to take a look at themselves with some seriousness. Getting a new coach is the least of their problems. The players look disinterested and while Suarez might have had a poor night, hes been the best player on the pitch tonight for them.

Griezmann... Never seen him do anything half impressive ever since moving to Barcelona. Suarez needs to go. Pique in this sort of games is embarrassing, his intensity is laughable.

De Jong one of the few who seems to be part of the solution.

The worst part for Barcelona is that they urgently need to rebuild the squad but they don't have the funds to do so. They are broke. And this time, they don't have a Messi, a Xavi or a Iniesta at La Masia. It could be a long and a painful decline, similar to the Milan one.

The core is old and overpaid. The likes of Suárez, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic all need to leave the club, but it's hard to find takers, considering the wages of those players. 

1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

Oh no, Man City thought this would be their year

Could still be if they get past Lyon which I expect them to do... City are just as good going forward as Bayern are so wouldn't want to make a call on the possible score if that game came about.. I sure couldn't see City folding either like Barca even if they were behind... 

Here’s another one xD

Barca paid 140M for Coutinho

140M helped LFC fund the transfers of VVD, Alisson, and Fab

LFC knocked Barca out of CL with the help of said players

Barca loaned Coutinho to Bayern

Coutinho assisted one and scored two to help Bayern knock Barca out of CL

Barca paid 140M to knock themselves out of two CLs

Another aspect of the match that really stood out for me was the physical superiority of Bayern. 

Their pressing was unrelenting. Everytime a Barça player had the ball, he was suddenly surrounded by Bayern players. 

Barcelona, on the other hand, is slow and unathletic. Even their younger players couldn't compete with the Bayern players in terms of athleticism.

I guess, Barça had it coming for years. 

The signs were always there. They've been bad for a long time, it's just that Messi is so good that a lot of the structural issues end up being disguised.

In 2017, PSG beat them 4 x 0. Then, they managed that crazy turnaround. But 3 weeks later, Juventus beat them easily in Italy, 3 x 0.

In 2018, the Olimpico debacle, in 2019, Anfield.

Tonight was the continuation, perhaps the lowest point, of a larger process.

• The title was changed to Barcelona 2-8 Bayern Munich - Friday 14th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived