talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona 2-8 Bayern Munich - Friday 14th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Rome, people thought that was their lowest point. After Liverpool, people were shocked they managed to find a bigger humiliation. Now this.

I honestly can't wait to see what hilarity Barcelona serve up next year.  It's astounding to see a team which can find new and more excruciating ways to humiliate itself after such colossal, historic disasters.

They're a phenomenon.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah I can just see Barca's defence getting overrun by how fluid and quick the Bayern attack is.

I fear this could be another humiliating night for Barca again like at Anfield last season.

Yep. 

9 hours ago, Michael said:

My opinion is that Bayern will rip Barcelona to shreds, just as they did in the Champions League in 2013. Hansi Flick gets Bayern to play a similar style of football to what Jupp Heynckes had Bayern play. Bayern under Heynckes were world class and almost unbeatable. Now the same rule seems to apply to Flick's Bayern, as the German side look formidable. The pressing and pragmatic football that Bayern play, overwhelms most of the opposition and they are my clear favourites to win this seasons Champions League, despite the scrapping of the 2 leg system in the knockout rounds.

It makes me think that Bayern really lost out spending millions on Guardiola, Ancelotti and Kovac, when they would most likely have had much more success under a manager like Flick, because of the way he gets Bayern to play. Flick gets the best out of Bayern and I can see him being their manager for a very long time. He is the much younger managerial heir to Heynckes. Flick could really become a legend of a manager at Bayern over the next 10 years or more.

Barcelona are great offensively, as we saw how they dominated Napoli in the last round. However, Bayern are a top class side, who I think will defeat Barcelona tonight. They will find their way past Barcelona's defence and score goals. I will be going out to watch this one, it should be very entertaining. 

Just as I predicted.

Just come back after watching this amazing match at a pub in town. What an awesome display by Bayern. They literally ripped Barcelona to shreds and the Barca defence had no answers. Bayern won in every department of the field and it seemed like Messi and Suarez were Barcelona's only hope while Griezmann was totally outclassed and kept quite when he came on. Indeed Suarez did score Barcelona's only goal(apart from the own goal scored by Bayern) and it was a classy goal at that. But apart from that, Bayern gave Barcelona an education on how to play almost perfect football. They pressed all the time when they weren't in possession, they bossed the game when they were in possession and they created a multitude of chances that in truth could have seen them score 11, 12 or 13 goals, such was their dominance.

Barcelona outclassed Napoli in the last round, but Bayern have proven that there are levels and that Bayern are at the very top.  When was the last time that Barcelona conceded 8 goals in a match? Bayern have made a huge statement against Barca and I think that it's almost inevitable that they will win this season's Champions League. The Bookies in the UK had Man City as favourites, which in all honesty really surprised me, not because City aren't a world class side, but because Bayern are playing the kind of football that even City can't compete with.  I placed 3 accumulator bets prior to the Bayern v Barca match, which are now only waiting to see Bayern win the Champions League, with winnings just over 200 quid if they do. In all honesty, I can't see Man City, RB Leipzig or PSG managing to overcome Bayern. This is football and I do realise that anything can happen, especially in one off matches, but I honestly think this is Bayern's year and no side comes close to them when they play at their peak. They are such a joy to watch when they steamroll the opposition.

If I was a part of the Bayern board, I would give Flick a new long term contract, he should take a lot of credit for what he has done at Bayern. I watched Bayern  get trounced 5-1 by Frankfurt only last November when they were managed by Kovac. But the Bayern managed by Flick would likely rip Frankfurt to shreds if they met. At last Bayern have a world class manager, who's getting the best out of the players, just as Heynckes did 7 or 8 years ago. The future looks very bright for Bayern.

7 hours ago, MUFC said:

Want Bayern to win but got a sneaky feeling Barca will win. If the opposition have Boateng in their side, you're always in with a chance.

Because of the quality around Boateng this season, he is less exposed and actually more able to play to his strengths. So even if he plays in the semi final and the final, I don't see it as a big issue for Bayern. Boateng lost some of his old pace a while ago, but when you have speedsters like Davies, Alaba and even Kimmich around him, they are able to bail him out. I would still prefer Sule to replace Boateng in defence, but if he doesn't, it's no big deal as Bayern still play at an elite level with him in the team.

17 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Looking forward to hammering this Bayern team B| .. the Spanish teams have been trash this season, Real couldn't even give us a game :coffee:

I hope that you are feeling confident after Bayern's performance against Barcelona. Maintain that Poker face mate. xD 

Yes, you had two narrow wins over Real Madrid as opposed to Bayern absolutely annihilating Barcelona and ripping them to shreds. Man City are probably the 2nd best team in this competition, I think it is now obvious who the best side are, if it wasn't  already obvious months ago. Good luck on the 19th of August, because boy will you need it. ;)

• The title was changed to Barcelona 2-8Bayern Munich - Friday 14th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
7 minutes ago, Michael said:

I hope that you are feeling confident after Bayern's performance against Barcelona. Maintain that Poker face mate. xD 

Yes, you had two narrow wins over Real Madrid as opposed to Bayern absolutely annihilating Barcelona and ripping them to shreds. Man City are probably the 2nd best team in this competition, I think it is now obvious who the best side are, if it wasn't obvious weeks ago. Good luck on the 19th of August, because boy will you need it. ;)

The only time Bayern will get the ball against us is to collect it out the net ;)

• The title was changed to Barcelona 2-8 Bayern Munich - Friday 14th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

The only time Bayern will get the ball against us is to collect it out the net ;)

This isn't fantasy football son. xD Wake up and smell the coffee sunshine, before you get the shock of your life. ;)

Just now, Michael said:

This isn't fantasy football son. xD Wake up and smell the coffee sunshine, before you get the shock of your life. ;)

Barca should of been 3-1 in the first 10minutes, cant believe they missed them tap in's   ..De Bruyne & Sterling will rip this team a new arse hole xD

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Barca should of been 3-1 in the first 10minutes, cant believe they missed them tap in's   ..De Bruyne & Sterling will rip this team a new arse hole xD

Bayern should have scored 12 or 13 goals if you want to talk about chances that could have been taken. This is football, the teams that create the most chances and are efficient with them, usually win. Bayern were on another level compared to Barcelona, they destroyed them performance wise. If you are suggesting anything different, then I suggest you have a word with your GP. :ph34r: 

De Bruyne and Sterling will probably be looking for new clubs, after they get dismantled and demolished by Bayern. xD

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Bayern should have scored 12 or 13 goals if you want to talk about chances that could have been taken. This is football, the teams that create the most chances and are efficient with them, usually win. Bayern were on another level compared to Barcelona, they destroyed them performance wise. If you are suggesting anything different, then I suggest you have a word with your GP. :ph34r: 

De Bruyne and Sterling will probably be looking for new clubs, after they get dismantled and demolished by Bayern. xD

Make sure you come back on Wednesday ;) 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived