talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona 2-8 Bayern Munich - Friday 14th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, they spent all that money on him, only to not play him in his best position. The mind boggles, you'd think that they'd have everything properly planned and thought through before making such a huge signing. Having said that, I do believe that they will eventually benefit from Coutinho's talent. There aren't many clubs that are going to pay over £100 million for Coutinho in the current financial climate, so I am sure he stays at Barcelona for a while yet. As you suggested, if used correctly, he can have a huge impact on a game. I think Barcelona will eventually come to their senses and utilise Coutinho properly.

As for Liverpool selling Coutinho, it was an excellent piece of business for them. They received a huge transfer for him and they re-invested it wisely in other world class players. Salah, van Dijk, Robertson, Chamberlain, Alisson, Fabinho, and Keita were all subsequently brought in after the sale of Coutinho and boy did they improve Liverpool.

I know we had Salah & Ox in before Coutinho left. I think Keita too tbh. I think after he left we brought in VVD, Alisson and Fabinho... who were all crucial signings to our last 2 big trophies in the last 2 years. So the point still stands.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know we had Salah & Ox in before Coutinho left. I think Keita too tbh. I think after he left we brought in VVD, Alisson and Fabinho... who were all crucial signings to our last 2 big trophies in the last 2 years. So the point still stands.

Yes, you are correct about Salah and Ox, they joined before Coutinho left in January 2018, my mistake there. Keita joined Liverpool in the summer of 2018.  It's so true that van Dijk, Alisson and Fabinho were huge signings for Liverpool, I think they helped to take the club that 1 step higher. van Dijk and Alisson in particular helped make Liverpool's defence water tight. Klopp deserves a lot of credit for his intelligent dealings in the transfer market.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah they look a completely different team to that uninspired one that was knocked out by us in 2019. Flick’s a genius tbh for what he’s done this season with them.

They are a truly frightening team.

Its been amazing to watch the almost instantaneous transformation from when Flick took over the side. There was a quote from Kovac about sports cars that just really aged worse and worse the moment it came out of his mouth.

Niko Kovac when asked if Bayern could play a similar type of football like Liverpool with high intensity and more (Gegen-)pressing: "You need the right players for that. You can't drive at a speed of 200 km/h on the Autobahn with a car that has the maximum of 100 km/h."

Fuck Kovac.

• The topic was unpinned
7 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Find it a bit disrespectful that you all talk as if Manchester City already eliminated Lyon. They probably will, still Atletico thought they'd walk past Leipzig as well.

Still not dead and buried, this game of ours :)

Archived