talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona 2-8 Bayern Munich - Friday 14th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Machado said:

Lewandoski surely got a couple in him still. He hasn't scored yet which honestly is the biggest surprise so far xD

You give him enough chances and he'll bury one soon enough. I don't think he's walking away from this without a goal. 

Its' an awful set up from Barca. Once they break into the Bayern half, there is no threat other than Semedo and Alba who have to bust their arse up and down the pitch. Suarez doesn't have the legs to beat Bayern's back line and Messi has no options when he gets the ball. 4-1 down whilst three players who cost Barca 100 million are on the bench. 

What an absolute mess this club is from top to bottom. 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This Bayern team is just a unit. So effective in midfield and attack. They are walking through Barca's midfield just like they walked through ours. 

If Bayern can get a 5th we can at least claim to be a better defensive unit than Barcelona... 

Just now, binder said:

Barca should just go for broke in the 2nd half and bring on Griezmann and Dembele.

I remember some former players commenting about Brazil's defeat to Germany that when a team is much better than the other, if the weaker stops trying to win it, the stronger team also stops to impose their superiority and works with the advantage they have. 

It's kinda of a non-written rule between players. This could very well happen in the 2nd half, with Barça admiting the defeat, Bayern just passing the ball around to waste time.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If Bayern can get a 5th we can at least claim to be a better defensive unit than Barcelona... 

We only lost 0-1 against Bayern in our last match against them, we're basically a top tier team, miles ahead of Chelsea and Barcelona!

I'll completely ignore the 1-6 loss six months  before that. :ph34r:

32 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think Neuer will get a goal tonight the way things are going.

On the play where Perisic drove the ball at the keeper (after Neuer had started the play) the camera went back to Neuer, who looked as if he wanted to go up and show him how to finish.  So it might happen.

As much as I dislike Bayern, i am happy for their young kanadian.

• The title was changed to Barcelona 2-8 Bayern Munich - Friday 14th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived