talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona 2-8 Bayern Munich - Friday 14th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

Just now, Happy Blue said:

After we go 4 up i think you might start having internet connection problems xD

Don't you worry about that, I have a strong internet connection where I am at and I wouldn't miss the Bayern semi-final even if my life depended on it. ;) 

What we will be about to witness, will be history in the making. Bayern have destroyed every side that has been placed in front of them in this season's Champions League and Wednesday's semi-final will be no exception. Bayern destroyed English clubs Tottenham and Chelsea this season both home and away, both sides that have beaten Man City this season and you still think that you have a chance against the mighty Bavarians? :o

Get ready along with the British bookmakers to eat humble pie on the 18th of August, that's if you even make it past the banana skin club that is Lyon. ;)xD

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Don't you worry about that, I have a strong internet connection where I am at and I wouldn't miss the Bayern semi-final even if my life depended on it. ;) 

What we will be about to witness, will be history in the making. Bayern have destroyed every side that has been placed in front of them in this season's Champions League and Wednesday's semi-final will be no exception. Bayern destroyed English clubs Tottenham and Chelsea this season both home and away, both sides that have beaten Man City this season and you still think that you have a chance against the mighty Bavarians? :o

Get ready along with the British bookmakers to eat humble pie on the 18th of August, that's if you even make it past the banana skin club that is Lyon. ;)xD

You and Bayern are going to learn a few things about level's, playing us is a massive jump from the mediocre opposition they are used to playing every week, we just hammered Liverpool who are the 2nd best team in the world ;)

If Bayern do somehow fluke a win it's only because they have cheated with the extra days rest, UEFA are desperate for us not to win and have probably paid the officials to help Bayern too  ..they will need all the help they can get :4_joy:

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Azeem said:

The Bayern City semi final will end up like 7-4 6-4 for either team

They only play once mate. This isn't a women's tennis match. 

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Here’s another one xD

Barca paid 140M for Coutinho

140M helped LFC fund the transfers of VVD, Alisson, and Fab

LFC knocked Barca out of CL with the help of said players

Barca loaned Coutinho to Bayern

Coutinho assisted one and scored two to help Bayern knock Barca out of CL

Barca paid 140M to knock themselves out of two CLs

When Countinho joined Barca, he said "I came here to win the CL.".

They had to loan him to Bayern.

47 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Bayern is very beatable, a half decent Barca would have put 4 past them. Their high line is suicidal, City can punish them

I recall bayern putting 4 past a "Half decent" Barca side not too many years ago. People said their high line would be suicidal then too.... They won the tie 7-0

15 minutes ago, Rick said:

Lol remember City have OTAMENDI at the back. I’m sure he’ll love playing against Lewandowski & Müller 🥴

No we don't ;)  ..we have Laporte, Koulibaly, Ake & Fernandinho  ..Nick is close to a transfer

9 hours ago, Michael said:

Because of the quality around Boateng this season, he is less exposed and actually more able to play to his strengths. So even if he plays in the semi final and the final, I don't see it as a big issue for Bayern. Boateng lost some of his old pace a while ago, but when you have speedsters like Davies, Alaba and even Kimmich around him, they are able to bail him out. I would still prefer Sule to replace Boateng in defence, but if he doesn't, it's no big deal as Bayern still play at an elite level with him in the team.

Good points but If City get through I fancy them. Bayern play that really high line and City have the pace to exploit it. 

51 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You and Bayern are going to learn a few things about level's, playing us is a massive jump from the mediocre opposition they are used to playing every week, we just hammered Liverpool who are the 2nd best team in the world ;)

If Bayern do somehow fluke a win it's only because they have cheated with the extra days rest, UEFA are desperate for us not to win and have probably paid the officials to help Bayern too  ..they will need all the help they can get :4_joy:

Mediocre opposition? No Premier League sides yet in the semi finals of the Champions League yet, but there are already 2 Bundesliga sides in the semis, lol. The Bundesliga has plenty of quality sides. xD Man City have had plenty of days rest, in fact they have been given that advantage against Lyon, remember this very French team which no one fancies that beat you in 2018 in your very own stadium. :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::4_joy:

Bayern are a real threat every year in the Champions League and they were deserved winners of the Champions League in 2013. Man City on the other hand have never won the Champions League in their entire history! :4_joy: In fact, had Bayern only had Heynckes and Flick as their managers over the last 10 years, then they would have won many more Champions League titles between 2014 and 2019. But unfortunately for them, they had managers like Guardiola holding them back during those years, having Bayern play a brand of football that was far from their optimum best. It will be hilarious watching Pep's expression when Bayern absolutely rip Man City apart and cut them to shreds. xD:4_joy: 

Bayern have already destroyed English opposition in Chelsea and Spurs this season, both clubs that have beaten Man City this year. Man City will just be another Premier League club that Bayern will educate and annihilate on their way to winning yet another Champions League title, mwahahahaha. :4_joy:xD

Banter aside, I will eat my hat if Man City manage to get past Bayern Munich. :ay:

3 hours ago, Azeem said:

Bayern is very beatable, a half decent Barca would have put 4 past them. Their high line is suicidal, City can punish them

What drugs are you taking? Bayern are almost unbeatable this season. They are playing world class football, the likes of which we haven't seen in world football for years. Stop playing down their achievements this season. This Barcelona team may not be as good as the Barca of 10 years ago, but this season they still outclassed Napoli in the last round and also beat Inter Milan home and away, as well as defeating Dormund. So get things in perspective before you talk like you know what you are saying. Their pressing line could potentially be Bayern's weak link, however the opposition will need some pretty fast forwards to be able to regularly outpace the likes of Davies, Alaba and Kimmich, when attempting to exploit the Bayern high line. Something which clearly cannot be done often. 

Bayern will beat City, of that I am very confident. ;)

34 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Good points but If City get through I fancy them. Bayern play that really high line and City have the pace to exploit it. 

People always talk about high lines being risky and that it can expose the defence of teams that play in that way. However, I don't think it will be a huge issue for Bayern as they have super fast players like Davies, Alaba and Kimmich that allows them to recover and play well with a high line. I am sure City will manage to counter attack a few times and counter through the Bayern high line, but I also think that the Bayern defenders can recover with their speed(with the exception of maybe Boateng:ph34r:). 

I honestly think that Bayern will overwhelm Man City with their relentless pressing game. I don't think that Bayern will score as many as they did against Barcelona, but I do think that Bayern will score several goals past City and beat them. I am sure Bayern will concede as well, but they will still win this game, I really can't see any other outcome than a Bayern win.

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Mediocre opposition? No Premier League sides yet in the semi finals of the Champions League yet, but there are already 2 Bundesliga sides in the semis, lol. The Bundesliga has plenty of quality sides. xD Man City have had plenty of days rest, in fact they have been given that advantage against Lyon, remember this very French team which no one fancies that beat you in 2018 in your very own stadium. :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::4_joy:

Bayern are a real threat every year in the Champions League and they were deserved winners of the Champions League in 2013. Man City on the other hand have never won the Champions League in their entire history! :4_joy: In fact, had Bayern only had Heynckes and Flick as their managers over the last 10 years, then they would have won many more Champions League titles between 2014 and 2019. But unfortunately for them, they had managers like Guardiola holding them back during those years, having Bayern play a brand of football that was far from their optimum best. It will be hilarious watching Pep's expression when Bayern absolutely rip Man City apart and cut them to shreds. xD:4_joy: 

Bayern have already destroyed English opposition in Chelsea and Spurs this season, both clubs that have beaten Man City this year. Man City will just be another Premier League club that Bayern will educate and annihilate on their way to winning yet another Champions League title, mwahahahaha. :4_joy:xD

Banter aside, I will eat my hat if Man City manage to get past Bayern Munich. :ay:

Trolling is not allowed on the site mate, you probably close to getting a ban here :35_thinking: @DeadLinesman @Stan @nudge @Harvsky 

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Here’s another one xD

Barca paid 140M for Coutinho

140M helped LFC fund the transfers of VVD, Alisson, and Fab

LFC knocked Barca out of CL with the help of said players

Barca loaned Coutinho to Bayern

Coutinho assisted one and scored two to help Bayern knock Barca out of CL

Barca paid 140M to knock themselves out of two CLs

Barca have to pay Liverpool more money if Coutinho wins the Champions League *

*I don't care if the clause is winning it with Barca, I'm going with itxD

45 minutes ago, Michael said:

People always talk about high lines being risky and that it can expose the defence of teams that play in that way. However, I don't think it will be a huge issue for Bayern as they have super fast players like Davies, Alaba and Kimmich that allows them to recover and play well with a high line. I am sure City will manage to counter attack a few times and counter through the Bayern high line, but I also think that the Bayern defenders can recover with their speed(with the exception of maybe Boateng:ph34r:). 

I honestly think that Bayern will overwhelm Man City with their relentless pressing game. I don't think that Bayern will score as many as they did against Barcelona, but I do think that Bayern will score several goals past City and beat them. I am sure Bayern will concede as well, but they will still win this game, I really can't see any other outcome than a Bayern win.

Very true but having pace doesn't always mean you'll recover. Especially when you're facing back and have to turn before you even get moving. Saying that the same applies to City. They play a high line themselves so it can work both ways.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived