talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-3 Lyon - Saturday 15th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, it would be a huge mistake to repeat that midfield of Guimarães-Caqueret-Aouar against City.

City will destroy Lyon if Garcia insists in this formation.

Bruno Guimarães is not a defensive midfielder and he was quite bad against PSG and Juventus in that role.  If he wants to start Aouar and Caqueret, then the third man in the midfield should be Thiago Mendes or Jeff Reine-Adélaïde. 

2 minutes ago, binder said:

Does Lyon have a chance?  Bwin does not think so.  I get the feeling man City is beatable, Memphis looks like he bulked up in the last few years.  Really dont know a lot about Lyon

Have a look at the results between the two of them in the CL group stage last season. They definitely have a chance.

12 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

That midfield is really, really good on the ball. But I'm not sure they can provide the defensive strenght to face City when they don't have possession.

I hope they do and we have an exciting match.

Yeah they don't have a typical defensive midfielder, but Caqueret's work rate and defensive abilities are very good and of course the 3 at the back makes them more solid defensively.

• The title was changed to Man City 0-1 Lyon - Saturday 15th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
  • Administrator

Lyon have been organisationally superb. Tactically keeping Man City quiet and making it so difficult for them to get their fluidity going in the final third. And McManaman still wonders why they've not scored a bucket-load tonight just because it happens in the Premier League xD 

• The title was changed to Man City 1-3 Lyon - Saturday 15th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived