talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-3 Lyon - Saturday 15th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, God is Haaland said:

Wow Lyon's goalkeeper is SO BAD. He can't catch a single ball.

At least he's blocking the shots. xD

Lopes is actually a very good shot stopper, just not the type who likes to catch the ball.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

At least he's blocking the shots. xD

Lopes is actually a very good shot stopper, just not the type who likes to catch the ball.

AAaahhhhhh, now I get it! He isn't a bad keepr, just not the type who can catch the ball.....

.......ALSO KNOWN AS A BAD MOTHERFUCKING KEEPER.

3 minutes ago, binder said:

He does not inspire confidence.  The defence looks solid though.

It's a shame, because he reduces a very good side to a mediocre one. All City have to do is fling half decent shots at him, until one of the riccochets lands in front of a City player.

• Subscriber

I've got my free £25 on Lyon here. I thought 10/1 was far too big to leave given the results between the two and the fact that Pep has, once again, overthought it in a big game.

I don't get why so many keepers go for the punch/fist when the ball comes in, used to have keepers that would catch the ball and that was the end of the threat. as it is they still risk it going somewhere random. Is it modern coaching that's teaching them that or do they just copy one another?? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I don't get why so many keepers go for the punch/fist when the ball comes in, used to have keepers that would catch the ball and that was the end of the threat. as it is they still risk it going somewhere random. Is it modern coaching that's teaching them that or do they just copy one another?? 

Think its because you eliminate the possibility of not catching it so they punch it away. While its dangerous it also moves the ball out of the box and gives players a chance to defend again.

28 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

AAaahhhhhh, now I get it! He isn't a bad keepr, just not the type who can catch the ball.....

.......ALSO KNOWN AS A BAD MOTHERFUCKING KEEPER.

It's a shame, because he reduces a very good side to a mediocre one. All City have to do is fling half decent shots at him, until one of the riccochets lands in front of a City player.

Despite his theatrics and his strange reluctance to catch balls, he does make many good blocks, so he's hardly a bad keeper. 

25 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It is strange, but that's what you get with many Southern European and South American keepers. 

• Administrator

1-1!

Brilliant goal. Mahrez plays a ball down the line to Sterling, he cuts back with ease and squares to De Bruyne. Very nice finish out of Lopes' reach for De Bruyne.

That was always gonna happen. Lyon have  been defensive from minute 1. You can’t do that against this team, they will find a way through the wall. Best bet is to go at them a bit, get in their face. I’d be bringing Dembele on. 

The commentary team here are an embarrassment. “Ingurland!” 

• The title was changed to Man City 1-3 Lyon - Saturday 15th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived