talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-3 Lyon - Saturday 15th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Pep is gonna walk away from these lot. Mentally, they aren’t a patch on the likes of Bayern. 

To be fair, Pep got the starting XI totally wrong. 

Both the coach and the players bottled it. 

Man, what a terrible sequence between Jesus and Sterling missing two great chances and then Ederson's blunder in the 3rd goal.

• Administrator

Think Bayern will blow Lyon away but what a win for the French side tonight. Took their chances when it mattered.

That 59 seconds between the Sterling miss and Dembele goal epitomises Man City these days. 

Just now, Rick said:

As good as it is, Lyon will be getting slapped on Wednesday night. They did well tonight, but Bayern are a different animal. 

Bayern will pick them apart and steamroll Lyon. The French side don't have a chance in hell against the mighty Bayern.

• Subscriber

The difference between Barcelona and this Lyon team is that this Lyon team can actually defend and they have a functional midfield. Yesterday, the Barcelona players look like they didn't want to be there. 

For all the shit Guardiola does wrong, for everytime he fails, I do have to say he gets away with some shit. Fernandinho at CB, Zinchenko as a fullback, using Otamendi and Stones, bloody walking lliability Ferland Mendy. Not exactly defenders that would fill me with confidence if I were a ManCity fan. He does make some stinking transfers amongst the good ones; I think he is so obsessed with his philosophy that it can lead to buying players that fit the style but no exactly great players. I dunno, but looking at the Man City squad and I'm not exactly blown away with their ability.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Bayern will pick them apart and steamroll Lyon. The French side don't have a chance in hell against the mighty Bayern.

Lyon are better defensively than Man City, would have been Bayern winning with 8 goals vs City, now I expect bayern to lose 1-0.

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

For all the shit Guardiola does wrong, for everytime he fails, I do have to say he gets away with some shit. Fernandinho at CB, Zinchenko as a fullback, using Otamendi and Stones, bloody walking lliability Ferland Mendy. Not exactly defenders that would fill me with confidence if I were a ManCity fan. He does make some stinking transfers amongst the good ones; I think he is so obsessed with his philosophy that it can lead to buying players that fit the style but no exactly great players. I dunno, but looking at the Man City squad and I'm not exactly blown away with their ability.

He used to play Toure at CB and Mascherano when he was Barca manager. That side was so good he could get away with it.

4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

He used to play Toure at CB and Mascherano when he was Barca manager. That side was so good he could get away with it.

Mascherano made sense, because he was never moving Busquets, but Yaya Toure at CB or DM was a mistake that nobody figured out until Roberto Mancini. One of the best attacking midfielders in the world when the bloody coaches figured out he was a lazy git that was really good at attacking and shit at defending. Anyway, as if they needed to defend much with Iniesta, Xavi, and Busquets retaining 90% possession every game.

24 minutes ago, Spike said:

Spot on.

Pep had all the money to build a good defence and he picked the wrong players.

Instead of choosing defenders that defend well and a goalkeeper who is good at stopping shots, he prioritizes and selects players at these positions judging foremost their ability with the ball.

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Rick said:

@Dan what you getting with your winnings? 

£250. Bloody lovely stuff. I wasn't confident by any means but I think weighing it all up 10/1 was well overpriced.

Just now, Dan said:

£250. Bloody lovely stuff. I wasn't confident by any means but I think weighing it all up 10/1 was well overpriced.

Congrats mate, that was a very good call. :congrats: 

I've got to wait for Bayern win the CL to get my winnings, but I am feeling extremely confident. ;)

• The topic was unpinned

Archived