talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tencent and Universal Music

football forum

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know absolutely nothing about Chinese music. There are a few famous japanese and korean acts especially boybands and rock bands who made anime soundtracks but nothing from China.

From a quick search the "cute pop" scene seems to also be a thing there. I never understood this eastern asian obsession with cute innocent looking women ahah. Hello Kitty probably has something to do with it.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Machado said:

I know absolutely nothing about Chinese music. There are a few famous japanese and korean acts especially boybands and rock bands who made anime soundtracks but nothing from China. 

Check out Zhaoze! 

• Subscriber

Tencent don't want to promote Chinese music, they just want an entry point into an industry that doesn't have too much of their influence or presence right now. Universal offers that entry and over time, like everything else Tencent has put their fingers in, this will branch into other zones just because of how much financial backing the Chinese company has. I give it two years for all this shit to cool down and people to forget that TikTok was once Chinese owned before they start to push more international artists their way and fuck their Chinese music-scene agenda away when it comes to Universal's side of promotion work. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Machado said:

Something tells me this is not the music Tencent are about to promote but I'm liking the below

I think this will cater to the mainland audience and demographic mostly but yeah they want Universal's catalog out in China to build relations and promote that kind of music in China. I can't see this selling the other way around where Universal have their operations globally.

Archived