talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Europa League SF - Sevilla 2-1 Man Utd - Sunday 16th August, 2020

Sevilla were perhaps lucky but they defended well and better than Man United even if a lot of it was last ditch. If you’re conceding two goals like that in a semi final, you don’t deserve to get through, the positional and spatial awareness on both goals from the Man United defenders was awful. A big part of Sevilla’s game all season has been crossing as well so Man United should have expected that which makes the defending on show worse.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

What happened this season is actually the most long-term damaging thing that could've happened to Manchester United. They're still not actually that good and have been made to look better than they are by scandalous officiating and other teams blowing it, therefore have kept the PE teacher in the job and ended up with no trophy to show for it - but it's OK to the Glazers because they made the top 4.

They're Arsenal under Wenger but with a far worse manager.

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

Benfica vs Sporting. 😂

Watched it and it was a mistake of the defense in general, not just Lindelof. In any case he should have left it for the locker room, no need to have a go at one of your teammates in particular in front of the world, specially when you're no captain. I'd tell him to go take it up the ass too eheh.

41 minutes ago, Machado said:

Watched it and it was a mistake of the defense in general, not just Lindelof. In any case he should have left it for the locker room, no need to have a go at one of your teammates in particular in front of the world, specially when you're no captain. I'd tell him to go take it up the ass too eheh.

At least he learned something from his time at Portugal. xD

Always love the rhetoric that other teams that lose ‘blow it’ and are still good, but United lose and it’s because they’re shit. Especially when it comes to the league. ‘Scandalous officiating’ my fucking arse. Where are the same posters analysing the second penalty that should have been given? Of course, it’s doesn’t fit the narrative does it xD. I’d genuinely like to think I’m actually quite level headed when it comes to supporting my team, although we all have the rose tinted glasses sometimes. However, some posters are so bias against United that they can’t actually analyse anything properly. It’s not even worth trying to have a serious debate.

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Always love the rhetoric that other teams that lose ‘blow it’ and are still good, but United lose and it’s because they’re shit. Especially when it comes to the league. ‘Scandalous officiating’ my fucking arse. Where are the same posters analysing the second penalty that should have been given? Of course, it’s doesn’t fit the narrative does it xD. I’d genuinely like to think I’m actually quite level headed when it comes to supporting my team, although we all have the rose tinted glasses sometimes. However, some posters are so bias against United that they can’t actually analyse anything properly. It’s not even worth trying to have a serious debate.

Double standards is a real thing amongst certain posters on here. :S

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

With his lack of substitutions becoming a regularly theme, you’d think he’d quit halfway through last night.

I think you'll could have won that game honestly. When I saw Daniel James come on and run the way he did I was thinking why didn't you put him on sooner. Martial wasn't having a good day and Rashford seems to be lacking some kind of match fitness, maybe. But the persistence to the end really did it for you'll. 

9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think you'll could have won that game honestly. When I saw Daniel James come on and run the way he did I was thinking why didn't you put him on sooner. Martial wasn't having a good day and Rashford seems to be lacking some kind of match fitness, maybe. But the persistence to the end really did it for you'll. 

Whilst I can’t blame Solskjaer for their goalkeepers making saves, ours doing nothing, their players defending, ours looking backwards, their strikers being clinical and ours totally wasteful, his loyalty is his fault. Same with Scholes and Neville in the media. Not a bad word to say about him. It sickens me. 

First substitution made on 87 minutes. Me and my mate were saying Williams and Rashford looked fucked at half time. A fitter rested player is better than a jaded one with no fight at any level. No change to the tactics and we failed. It’ll be the same story next season, only we won’t scrape by on penalties because it won’t happen again. Or will it because we pay referees, have everyone in our pocket (to get 4th) and every official wants us to win and be scandalous? Who knows.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Whilst I can’t blame Solskjaer for their goalkeepers making saves, ours doing nothing, their players defending, ours looking backwards, their strikers being clinical and ours totally wasteful, his loyalty is his fault. Same with Scholes and Neville in the media. Not a bad word to say about him. It sickens me. 

First substitution made on 87 minutes. Me and my mate were saying Williams and Rashford looked fucked at half time. A fitter rested player is better than a jaded one with no fight at any level. No change to the tactics and we failed. It’ll be the same story next season, only we won’t scrape by on penalties because it won’t happen again. Or will it because we pay referees, have everyone in our pocket (to get 4th) and every official wants us to win and be scandalous? Who knows.

Finally you come round to it. 

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I don't think the penalty was dodgy at all. I'm not sure who does? 

7 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I don't think the penalty was dodgy at all. I'm not sure who does? 

Not the one that was given, but Fernandes was literally smashed off the ball by the defender just before half time, which I thought was a genuine penalty. The bloke never even looked at the ball. It wasn’t even checked by VAR. Had Maguire done that in the opposite box, I can think of 2/3 posters that would have been immediately on giving it the old conspiracy theory bollocks. It just gets on my tits. Let’s micro analyse every decision that goes Uniteds way because it’s corrupt, but any decision that goes against them is MeGaLolZ didn’t see it, don’t post about it. Boring as fuck.

I think finally the lack of sleep has got to me xD

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not the one that was given, but Fernandes was literally smashed off the ball by the defender just before half time, which I thought was a genuine penalty. The bloke never even looked at the ball.

I mentioned about this in relation to a Chelsea game a while back where one of our defenders clearly barged/blocked the opposition player with no intent to play the ball and for me that should be a bang on penalty every time... Walker does it a lot for Man City and also VVD for Liverpool. It's almost as though we have returned to a time where brute strength is ok to use regardless if it's within the rules of the game, yet you can place a hand on someone's shoulder in a genuine tussle for the ball while dribbling/running and one player goes down and suddenly it's deemed a free kick?? 

22 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I mentioned about this in relation to a Chelsea game a while back where one of our defenders clearly barged/blocked the opposition player with no intent to play the ball and for me that should be a bang on penalty every time... Walker does it a lot for Man City and also VVD for Liverpool. It's almost as though we have returned to a time where brute strength is ok to use regardless if it's within the rules of the game, yet you can place a hand on someone's shoulder in a genuine tussle for the ball while dribbling/running and one player goes down and suddenly it's deemed a free kick?? 

Shoulder to shoulder is fine and shouldn’t be wiped out of the game. This was simply a complete barge in the back with zero intention to win the ball.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Anyone heard Ole when he talks about Rashford? All he says is Rashy, Rashy, Rashy, like he wants to suck his dick.

He's his love child the same as fucking Pogba and Lingard but I think they have bigger dicks (head), I didn't bother watching the match but just watched the highlights, has Ole got something he does not like about young Scott McTominay or is he scared shit of Pogba by playing him than young Scott.

In the end, even if United had scraped through and won with Ole giving how all his boys played well bla, bla bla whoever we played next we would have been hammered, I can't say I will be looking forward to when the season kicks off again because I think it will be the same old story this season coming up with the little smiling Gnome saying how great his boys are.

download.png.932bc9201f5499c67cbea8096d3bd758.png

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Things I like: watching United fans turn on Solksjaer

No turning on Klopp then?

No, serious, Ole needs to pull his finger out and start kicking arses like of Woodward, the Glazers and a lot of overpaid players, Pogba needs moving on, would you Liverpudians have him?

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

No turning on Klopp then?

No, serious, Ole needs to pull his finger out and start kicking arses like of Woodward, the Glazers and a lot of overpaid players, Pogba needs moving on, would you Liverpudians have him?

Fuck no I don’t want that dabbing little cunt. Try shifting him back to Juve lol

Archived