talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Europa League SF - Inter Milan 5-0 Shakhtar Donetsk - Monday 17th August, 2020

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Inter are so organised, very rigid in defence but Shakhtar don't half make it easy for them. Shakhtar just passing it round the box with little threat to Inter. All well and good doing that but to what end, especially if no one is getting in the box? What do they expect to happen at the end of all this passing? 

Very poor. 

Lukaku seeing little of the ball but unless Shakhtar wake up, Inter will easily and happily settle for this. Handanovic has had nothing to do 

Very little pace and dribbling from Marlos and Taison on the wings. They slowed down almost every Shakhtar attack with pointless touches. Just terrible. I'd say Dodô and Matviyenko were more of a threat to Inter than both Shakhtar's wingers.

Solomon and Tetê are badly needed.

Shakhtar has the players on the bench to change this match. It's up to Luis Castro to use them.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

66% possession to Shakhtar and 34% possession to Inter in that first half. But Inter scored from one of their two chances, while Shakhtar had two efforts at goal at most. Shakhtar really need to be more brave and penetrative in the 2nd half, otherwise Inter are just going to defend their lead and win. Taking the lead suits Inter down to the ground as they love to defend a lead. Pyatov will rue his terrible clearance which helped create the Inter goal, but they can't cry over spilt milk. Shakhtar have to be more ambitious in the 2nd half if they are to get anything out of this game. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Very little pace and dribbling from Marlos and Taison on the wings. They slowed down almost every Shakhtar attack with pointless touches. Just terrible. I'd say Dodô and Matviyenko were more of a threat to Inter than both Shakhtar's wingers.

Solomon and Tetê are badly needed.

Shakhtar has the players on the bench to change this match. It's up to Luis Castro to use them.

Yeah Dodo made some good runs but 1) wasn't spotted or passed to and 2) no one in the box to cross to if he did get the ball. 

4 minutes ago, binder said:

Shaktar still look like they have alot of Brazilians,  I remember a young Willian there years ago, scoring all sorts of goals before he had all that drained out of him at Chelsea.  Inter seem to buying up a lot of good players and look like they may be the new challenger in Italy, especially true if one wants to believe the Messi rumours that were floating around.

Missed the first half so cant comment on the game.  I am hoping at least one of these KO games go to extra time (dont think we had any ET games last week), need to get my moneys worth from my DAZN subscription!

I am probably going more for Shaktar, but after watching the dirty fouing diving imaginary card waving Sevilla play yesterday, I will take either of these teams to win the final.

They have invested in the best young Brazilian prospects for the last 10 or 20 years. It has been part of their business and transfer model to do so.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Michael said:

Inter are just going to lock up shop now and defend this 2-0 lead with most of their players behind the ball and counter attack when they can. 

Eriksen will come on to see out the game. 

Inter's 1st, 3rd and 4th goals were all due to big mistakes from Shakhtar players. After Inter's 2nd goal, it seems like the Shakhtar players heads had dropped. Inter have been clinical and they have proven that they will efficiently take their chances.

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Great match from Inter. 

I really hope Conte stays for the next season. They can win the Scudetto. 

And Lautaro shouldn't move to Barcelona. He and Lukaku form a great partnership, no reason to move to the mess that Barcelona is at the moment.

I think they will win Serie A next season. They are compact in defence and clinical up front, all recipes for success. 

• The title was changed to 2019/20 Europa League SF - Inter Milan 5-0 Shakhtar Donetsk - Monday 17th August, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived