talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Europa League SF - Inter Milan 5-0 Shakhtar Donetsk - Monday 17th August, 2020

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a goal by Lukaku. This was great a run and great finish. 

I hope we get one more season of the Lukaku Lautaro partnership. It's so rare those days to see an attack formed by two strikers, reminds me of the great striker duos of the 90s, such as Romário and Bebeto, Cole and Yorke...

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I think Inter combine your old-fashioned Italian defensive solidity and clinicality upfront with a strong system in possession, with which they can also build-up patiently and create chances.

It's a pretty rare combination.

Just hope they don't lose Martinez. Losing any of the first team could be quite damaging. They have a very efficient team and organisation about them. Hope they beat Juve to the title next season. 

Inter play very well as a team and their system is very effective. Their players work hard, the defenders are very compact and the forwards are clinical. It's a very successful formula. Juventus got the better of Inter this season, but I think next season Inter could win the title ahead of Juventus. Many of the Juve players are ageing, key players like Ronaldo, Higuain, Chielini and Bonucci are all in their mid thirties now, next season might be a season too much for them when competing with Inter.

Shakhtar seemed to show Inter too much respect in this game. For all their possession they didn't create too many chances. Moraes's header could have found the equaliser, but Inter scored their 2nd straight after that Shakhtar chance. After that, Shakhtar looked like they had given up the cause. 

Seville will be a very tough challenge for Inter in the final. Both sides have strong defences. Seville do have the very dangerous Ocampos on the wings, but they don't posses clinical strikers like Lukaku or Martinez for Inter. El Nesyri and Luuk de Jong are just not on the same level as Inter's front two. Either way, the two teams are equally balanced and a lot will depend on who wins the tactical balance. Seville won't show Inter too much respect as Shakhtar seemed to do tonight and the Spaniards will create several chances. It could be an interesting tactical battle in the final.

Waxtap need a new keeper badly. Pyatov reminds me of Weidenfeller when he got old. I've seen old bitches at the nursing home move better and dive further. Unlucky that their best chance to equalize was saved then immediately conceded at the other end, but inters game plan came off perfectly otherwise. 

• The title was changed to 2019/20 Europa League SF - Inter Milan 5-0 Shakhtar Donetsk - Monday 17th August, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived