talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ismaila Sarr - Linked with Liverpool Move

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Harvsky said:

I never bothered watching any other teams this season. Is he £40m good?

Probably not but fees are stupid now. Seems weird to me that £47m for Werner would be too expensive but not £40m for Sarr...

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Probably not but fees are stupid now. Seems weird to me that £47m for Werner would be too expensive but not £40m for Sarr...

Who thinks £47m for Werner is too expensive?!

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Who thinks £47m for Werner is too expensive?!

We did, we backed out of signing him? Hence me thinking it’s weird we’d be in for Sarr, a good player but a much shittier player than Werner, at £40m

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd imagine Werner was way more expensive in the end with all the fees, etc. but you're right if we're after Sarr something must have happened between that deal and now to make this happen.

Just now, Mel81x said:

I'd imagine Werner was way more expensive in the end with all the fees, etc. but you're right if we're after Sarr something must have happened between that deal and now to make this happen.

Yeah and wages. That’s a fair point.

I think the biggest thing that’s happened from our perspective is getting £175m in prize money and the penalty all the clubs have to pay back to broadcasters for postponing the season so players don’t get covid (I think it’s stupid clubs have to pay broadcasters back, but hey) is going to be spread out over multiple seasons. So I think we’re feeling more comfortable in spending more.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We did, we backed out of signing him? Hence me thinking it’s weird we’d be in for Sarr, a good player but a much shittier player than Werner, at £40m

Ah I understand. I guess you backed out of signing him because of the 'back-up' status you'd give to Werner and not first-team football.

I guess Sarr is happy to be rotated whereas Werner would want to play every game. I doubt it was the fee that caused you not to buy Werner.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ah I understand. I guess you backed out of signing him because of the 'back-up' status you'd give to Werner and not first-team football.

I guess Sarr is happy to be rotated whereas Werner would want to play every game. I doubt it was the fee that caused you not to buy Werner.

Yeah it’s probably the £175k a week wage demands for a player we couldn’t guarantee would start.

The other issue with Sarr is AFCON tbh

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah it’s probably the £175k a week wage demands for a player we couldn’t guarantee would start.

The other issue with Sarr is AFCON tbh

This going to blow our front-line away without a backup option which is where Werner might have been an advantage in the longer run.

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

This going to blow our front-line away without a backup option which is where Werner might have been an advantage in the longer run.

Werner has the advantage in the first place, at this point in time he’s clearly the better player... and honestly it’s not even close.

I think the backup CB we’ve got the most likely links too, Mandi at Betis, is also a player we’d lose at AFCON. But maybe the plan is to address depth for this season... and worry about AFCON in the season when it’ll be popping up. We’re a bit lucky it’s been pushed back tbh.

• The topic was locked

Archived