talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Scottish Clubs & COVID Breaches

football forum

Patterson must be kicking himself right now. With Tavernier, basically, playing every game, he hadn't had a look in all season. Now with Tavernier having a potential long term injury, this was his time to show that he could be worth a long term place in the team.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

has anything been confirmed regards this ? I didn't see the game last night but noticed he had to be taken off.

Hasn't been anything confirmed, other than Gerrard saying he was concerned and they needed a scan before confirming anything.

• Subscriber

James Tavernier injury latest as Rangers captain ruled out for at least the next few games'

Rangers captain James Tavernier will "miss the next few games for sure" after injury struck him down in Belgium.

The Ibrox skipper limped off in the first half of his side's head-spinning 4-3 Europa League victory over Royal Antwerp on Thursday night.

Tavernier contested a 50-50 near the edge of his opponents' box and appeared to jar his knee.

The 29-year-old attempted to continue but was eventually forced to withdraw for Leon Balogun.

Boss Steven Gerrard admitted the right-back will be forced to wait on the result of a scan to determine the extent of the problem.

Speaking ahead of Sunday's clash with Dundee United, manager said: "No fresh injury updates, the boys will get scans today and then we can give an update.

“We will see what the scan shows to see what he’s going to miss (Tavernier), he’s obviously going to miss the next few games”.

"Leon Balogun played well in that position. Ryan Jack can also do a job so we do have options if required at right-back.

"We are showing the strength & depth of the squad, I would love to play Jack every minute but I have to protect & look after him so he is ready and fresh going into the weekend."

Tavernier was joined on Rangers' treatment table by forward Kemar Roofe, who suffered what Gerrard last night suspected was a recurrence of a calf issue sustained earlier in the season.

Balogun could continue at right-back in his captain's absence and insists he'll give his all.

He said: "I think the last time I started at right-back was against Sheffield Wednesday. I can't replace Tavernier as he is a beast and we are different types of players, I will try to match as best as possible and put my style into it. It wasn't easy but I also tried to attack."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-tavernier-injury-latest-rangers-23528501

• 1 month later...
On 30/03/2021 at 17:52, CaaC (John) said:

Serves them right the tossers. 

Gerrard thinks the bans are harsh, because Patterson could play for Scotland...

Utterly bizarre excuses. It's not the SFA's fault that he broke the rules, but somehow they should let him off because he might make the European Championships squad? 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Gerrard thinks the bans are harsh because Patterson could play for Scotland...

Utterly bizarre excuses. It's not the SFA's fault that he broke the rules, but somehow they should let him off because he might make the European Championships squad? 

Tough shit, young Greenwood for United got kicked out of the England squad for doing the same thing, served his punishment, got scolded by the little gnome Ole but now he is back in the England squad so I believe, one man no matter how good they are does not make a team.

Archived