talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

1 Killed and 10 Injured As Car Drives in to Pedestrians on Times Square

football forum

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39968710?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

A vehicle has driven on to a crowded pavement in New York City's Times Square, reportedly killing one person and injuring several others.

The driver is in custody and the area has been sealed off, according to the New York Police Department.

A Reuters witness said at least 10 people were being treated for injuries at the scene.

The vehicle reportedly jumped the kerb at 7th Avenue and 45th St near the city's popular tourist spot.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cannabis said:

If this is on purpose then this is yet again another lolfest at how shit these people are at their ''jobs''. Ramming a car into a crowd as big as this and only getting 11 people? I'm glad they're crap but it does make me facepalm in the extreme. 

12482671445_c757b7fe9c_z.jpg?1440614044

Hopefully those injured make recoveries and hopefully this was someone drunk behind the wheel as opposed to doing this in the name of religion.

That's what Twitter's now saying, even the likes of Paul Joseph Watson, who'd benefit from it being a Muslim terrorist.

Driving drunk around one of, if not the, most popular pedestrianised urban spaces in the world. How fucking stupid and selfish can you be?

46 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

If this is on purpose then this is yet again another lolfest at how shit these people are at their ''jobs''. Ramming a car into a crowd as big as this and only getting 11 people? I'm glad they're crap but it does make me facepalm in the extreme. 

12482671445_c757b7fe9c_z.jpg?1440614044

Hopefully those injured make recoveries and hopefully this was someone drunk behind the wheel as opposed to doing this in the name of religion.

Think about it Canna. Look at that picture you posted. Times Square is the one of the busiest places on earth, do you think a car can create enough speed to ram into a large crowd in that environment?

Just now, True Bender said:

The sidewalk is just as crowded. Nobody can run away/dodge.

It's easier to kill people at 80km/ph than 20kmp/h. It also depends on the size and weight of the car. The point being that traffic is far too busy to build up enough speed to do a lot of damage in a place like Times Square.  Of course it's also possible to kill one or two but for a mass killing it's be very difficult.

12 hours ago, Dickie said:

We were told it was 22 people injured at work. They shut down Times Square because of it. We're off 59th and broadway so were pretty close to it actually.

Wow. That's pretty nasty mate.  I hope no-one you know was anywhere near it. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just a drunk ex-US navy sailor. He said he expected the police to shoot him and that he heard voices. Lock the fucker up.

Didn't hear about him being drunk but the news report said he was high on spice.

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Wow. That's pretty nasty mate.  I hope no-one you know was anywhere near it. 

I had some friends working in time square when it happened but everyone is all good.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just a drunk ex-US navy sailor. He said he expected the police to shoot him and that he heard voices. Lock the fucker up.

But we can't do that !!! We have to rehabilitate......... *rolling my eyes*

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

I had some friends working in time square when it happened but everyone is all good.

But we can't do that !!! We have to rehabilitate......... *rolling my eyes*

It's his 3rd drink driving offense if the article I read is correct. He was also expecting to die & said he had the intent to kill. I know you were only joking, but fuck rehabilitating someone with whos wasted multiple chances and tried to commit murder/suicide by cop.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's his 3rd drink driving offense if the article I read is correct. He was also expecting to die & said he had the intent to kill. I know you were only joking, but fuck rehabilitating someone with whos wasted multiple chances and tried to commit murder/suicide by cop.

I completely agree, but the society we live in with the extreme pc culture thinks we can fix everyone or that its the police or governments fault this happens,

• The topic was unpinned

Archived