talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

RB Leipzig 0-3 PSG - Tuesday 18th August, 2020 (Semi-Final)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Deserved win for PSG. They were at it right from the start. Leipzig never got going and quality showed. Had they a more mobile, clinical or prolific striker with a better touch than Poulsen then maybe things would be different. 

Leipzig even when they got forward they lacked ideas and were bettered by PSG's defence. Thiago Silva had it easy. May be an argument for Kimpembe to have been sent off before the 2nd goal but to be honest I doubt PSG would have been that troubled. As @El Profesor mentioned earlier, Marquinhos could just go to CB and another midfielder would come in.

I think PSG actually played better against Atalanta but maybe it was a more open game. PSG didn't click as much when they went forward tonight but they were more clinical and did enough. 

PSG vs Bayern will be the more entertaining game for Sunday. Would love Lyon to get through and win it as the underdorg though.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Deserved win for PSG. They were at it right from the start. Leipzig never got going and quality showed. Had they a more mobile, clinical or prolific striker with a better touch than Poulsen then maybe things would be different. 

Leipzig even when they got forward they lacked ideas and were bettered by PSG's defence. Thiago Silva had it easy. May be an argument for Kimpembe to have been sent off before the 2nd goal but to be honest I doubt PSG would have been that troubled. As @El Profesor mentioned earlier, Marquinhos could just go to CB and another midfielder would come in.

I think PSG actually played better against Atalanta but maybe it was a more open game. PSG didn't click as much when they went forward tonight but they were more clinical and did enough. 

PSG vs Bayern will be the more entertaining game for Sunday. Would love Lyon to get through and win it as the underdorg though.

Gulacsi's huge mistake for the 2nd goal was the killer I think. Prior to that it was pretty even with both sides attacking, even after PSG took the lead. At 1-0 Leipzig still had a chance. At 2-0 and then 3-0 it was always going to be an uphill task. PSG were clinical indeed, but I think they played better tonight than they did against Atalanta. As you suggested, the game against Atalanta was a more open game, more space for them to attack. I think Tuchel got his tactics spot on tonight.

I don't think Leipzig lacked ideas when they went forward, they actually created several chances and got in dangerous positions. But as you said, PSG's defence were class on many occasions tonight, blocking a lot of Leipzig's efforts. Poulsen was definitely not the man to lead the line, if he plays, Leipzig at least need a natural goal scorer playing alongside him.

In any case, PSG deserve their win and with the attack and defence that they have, they will prove a menace in the final. 

2 hours ago, Asura said:

Is there any other club which has their sponsor name as their club name other than NY Red Bulls and RB Leipzig? 

2 hours ago, Mpache said:

Red Bull Brasil

Red Bull Salzburg

Red Bull Bragantino

Torque Montevideo City

Sporting Cristal

You both forgot the OG. Bayer Leverkusen

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Mpache said:

Had no idea it was named after a sponsor!

Wasn't there an English non-league team named Vauxall Motors? xD

Yes. 

The Met Police have a team as well. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

The Met Police have a team as well. 

You could snap one of their legs without getting arrested. You'd only get a red card. Perfect crime :ph34r:

Anyway, PSG will win this seasons Champions league I think. Bayern are a better team but I just think it's PSG's year.

4 hours ago, Azeem said:

What gets into Di Maria in KO games !

He seems to get inspired and highly motivated for them. Di Maria, Neymar and Mbappe were all superb against Leipzig. I thought that they played much better against Leipzig than they did against Atalanta with Di Maria and Mbappe playing most of the match. They were mouth watering when they attacked to be honest, as they were very clinical with their efforts. The PSG defence also looked very solid, Thiago Silva was excellent. They will give Bayern(lets be honest they should get past Lyon) a very good game in the final. I do believe that Bayern have the better midfield and that's where I think the difference could be. However the Bayern defence will have to play at their peak in order to thwart the PSG attack.

For RB Leipzig, they did themselves proud in this seasons Champions League with their very young team. Leipzig topped their group finishing 3 points ahead of semi finalists Lyon in the process. In the Round of 16 they outclassed a top Premier League side in Tottenham 4-0 on aggregate and then they disposed of a tough Atletico Madrid side in the quarter finals. PSG and their world class team were a step too far for the young German side, but they can be very proud of their achievements this season. The players they have will mature with time and likely become even better, so they have a very bright future as a club.

Thomas Tuchel will now lead his PSG team in the final and he will want to get his tactics right against their likely opponents Bayern. Many previous Champions League finals have been cautious affairs. However, I think that this seasons final should be an exciting end to end event. 

• The topic was unpinned
17 hours ago, Stan said:

Thought Mbappe was fairly quiet last night. 

Neymar and Di Maria shone ahead of him. 

Quite? Mbappe was hardly quite!

His constant running and pressing was a real headache for Leipzig all night. He created great chances for team mates(Twice for Neymar) and he constructed efforts for himself as well. His pressing game also forced Leipzig defenders into errors and with his pace, he was a constant outlet for PSG which enabled them to play long balls over the high line Leipzig defence. 

The only thing we can claim is that he wasn't directly involved in the goals that PSG scored, while Neymar and Di Maria were. But apart from that, Mbappe had a very big influence on the match.

Archived