talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

RB Leipzig 0-3 PSG - Tuesday 18th August, 2020 (Semi-Final)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too much hate for these two clubs.  I may be the only person outside Leipzig that actually like Lawn Bowl Leipzig as a club, even if I dont really care for its Urine coloured, Vodka mixer drink -except as a vodka mixer.  Too sweet and urine tasting on its own.  I am all for fan power and 51 percent rule, and all that stuff,  but the reality is everything is globalized now, I can shop in a store in Ottawa, London, Vienna, Fueruventura .... and they all got the same shit.  The people listen to the same music, watch the same crap tv shows etc.  The Bundesliga will not be able to keep up its virtuous existence for ever.  And its not like Red Bull is spending 200 mil on players, they spend less than Norwich.

Anyhow, One assumes this is an easy route for PSG to the final, but it is 2020.

18 minutes ago, binder said:

Too much hate for these two clubs.  I may be the only person outside Leipzig that actually like Lawn Bowl Leipzig as a club, even if I dont really care for its Urine coloured, Vodka mixer drink -except as a vodka mixer.  Too sweet and urine tasting on its own.  I am all for fan power and 51 percent rule, and all that stuff,  but the reality is everything is globalized now, I can shop in a store in Ottawa, London, Vienna, Fueruventura .... and they all got the same shit.  The people listen to the same music, watch the same crap tv shows etc.  The Bundesliga will not be able to keep up its virtuous existence for ever.  And its not like Red Bull is spending 200 mil on players, they spend less than Norwich.

Leipzig don't have a constant transfer budget, it's increasing over time. They might well buy a player for 200mil in the future, but perhaps they'll have become a feeder club for Red Bull Milan before that can happen....

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well the good news is that one of these sides will be getting knocked out, the bad news will be that the other one makes it to the final... 

But could lose against Lyon or Bayern and then all is fine in the world :D

On 16/08/2020 at 15:39, binder said:

I agree with everything you have said, except your last point. The hate for these clubs is too much, they are not alone in being owned by huge companies and filthy rich owners. Just look at most Premier League clubs and you will find a similar situation there,. Are we now going to slag off the majority of top flight English clubs and their foreign owners? Somehow that doesn't seem to be happening, which gives me a whiff of double standards. At the end of the day, both PSG and Leipzig have some excellent players and as a football fan, the talent on show is what gives me joy.

I do not think that RB Leipzig will be easy for PSG at all. Sure, PSG will be the favourites as they have Neymar and a fit Mbappe now available. However, RB Leipzig have proven the quality that they have and they have every chance of causing an upset. I think that it will be a close encounter and another very entertaining match.

Man, this is not a good midfield. Not at all. Gueye's injury is a big blow. Marquinhos is a central-back, Paredes is talented but against a team that is so athletic and young, he just doesn't have the intensity to cope. Ander Herrera would've been a better option.

PSG's squad. lol Zero depth. 

Di María will have to work his socks off and Neymar once again will have to drop off to the midfield, otherwise Mbappé won't even see the ball.

16 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Man, this is not a good midfield. Not at all. Gueye's injury is a big blow. Marquinhos is a central-back, Paredes is talented but against a team that is so athletic and young, he just doesn't have the intensity to cope. Ander Herrera would've been a better option.

Di María will have to work his socks off and Neymar once again will have to drop off to the midfield, otherwise Mbappé won't even see the ball.

Marquinhos played in midfield against Atalanta as well as in the French Cup final against Lyon and in many other matches this season. So it's nothing new for him playing him in that position, Tuchel clearly prefers him in that position. As for Paredes, his natural position is defensive midfield, which is where he will play tonight if he starts. Whether he can deal with Leipzig's intensity remains to be seen. But he is an experienced campaigner despite still only being 26 years old.

Mbappe and Neymar are obviously the key players for PSG, although they will be happy to have Di Maria back. If Leipzig can somehow shackle Mbappe and Neymar, then they will have a chance to win, as they will create chances to score. But those two, as always are PSG's trump cards.

18 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Still better than Poulsen whose crosses miss their target by 20m or so... What he delivered against Atlético was easily the worst performance I've seen in a quarter final.

22 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Official line-ups are in and Ander Herrera does come in to bolster the midfield, while Icardi is dropped. It's a front 3 of Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria, with Paredes, Marquinhos and Herrera in midfield. As for RB Leipzig, they seem to have the same line-up that started the Atletico match, except that Mukiele comes in for Halstenberg in defence.

It looks like there will be goals in this one.

If you are the type who hates football teams owned by rich oil sheiks or urine coloured vodka mixer drink companies, this game is for you.  If you just hate bayern, then you will have to wait for tomorrow.  PSG has to be the worst of the oil backed teams if for no other reason than the 200M Neymar deal, I forget how much Mbappe cost.  I dunno are they seen as being worse than Man City?

Ok, but if Red Bull is so bad and will ruin football (which has always been money driven, you can go back as far as Real Madrid in the 50s if you really wanna be sincere abut it) how come they are selling their top scorer or why did they not get the Red Bull Salzburg kid Haaland?  One would think the evil vodka mixer empire would have kept him in their fizzy, urine tasting organization.

Leipzig

Gulacsi - Mukiele , Upamecano , Klostermann - Laimer , Sabitzer , Kampl , Angelino , Nkunku , Dani Olmo - Poulsen

Reservebank:
Mvogo (Tor), Tschauner (Tor), Halstenberg, Orban, T. Adams, Forsberg, A. Haidara, Wosz, Borkowski, Lookman, Novoa, Schick

Paris SG

Sergio Rico - Kehrer , Thiago Silva , Kimpembe , Juan Bernat - Marquinhos , Paredes , Ander Herrera - di Maria , Mbappé , Neymar

Reservebank:
Bulka (Tor), Innocent (Tor), Bakker, Dagba, Diallo, Kurzawa, Draxler, Gueye, Sarabia, Verratti, Choupo-Moting, Icardi

I dunno what kind of wages Draxler is getting, but he is wasting away in Paris.

6 minutes ago, Michael said:

Official line-ups are in and Ander Herrera does come in to bolster the midfield, while Icardi is dropped. It's a front 3 of Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria, with Paredes, Marquinhos and Herrera in midfield. As for RB Leipzig, they seem to have the same line-up that started the Atletico match, except that Mukiele comes in for Halstenberg in defence.

It looks like there will be goals in this one.

Tuchel got it definitely right. Icardi is in terrible form and Upamecano would easily deal with him. And since Mbappé still may be not totally fit, adding Herrera in the midfield give Mbappé more room to breathe. 

I expect a very physical game from Leipzig, Neymar, Mbappé and Di María are hard to stop, Leipzig will have to be smart and use tactical fouls at the right time. 

The plan for them should be winning the midfield, holding possession and trying to hurt PSG, especially on the wings, PSG´s full-backs are definitely one the weaker links from this team. Kempl and Olmo are the key players for Leipzig tonight.

It´s really hard to keep a clean sheet against this PSG attack, therefore the goal should be outscoring the french. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Keylor Navas injured?

Yes. He hasn´t recovered from that injury suffered in the Atalanta match. Sergio Rico will start. 

Gueye is also not totally fit, but he is good enough to be on the bench, the same with Verratti, the italian will also be available on PSG´s bench.

4 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Tuchel got it definitely right. Icardi is in terrible form and Upamecano would easily deal with him. And since Mbappé still may be not totally fit, adding Herrera in the midfield give Mbappé more room to breathe. 

I expect a very physical game from Leipzig, Neymar, Mbappé and Di María are hard to stop, Leipzig will have to be smart and use tactical fouls at the right time. 

The plan for them should be winning the midfield, holding possession and trying to hurt PSG, especially on the wings, PSG´s full-backs are definitely one the weaker links from this team. Kempl and Olmo are the key players for Leipzig tonight.

It´s really hard to keep a clean sheet against this PSG attack, therefore the goal should be outscoring the french. 

The average age of outfield players in this RB Leipzig lineup is 23.8. While the average age of the Leipzig defence tonight is 22.3! :S

Lets hope they can contain the PSG front 3 of Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria. 

1 minute ago, Michael said:

The average age of outfield players in this RB Leipzig lineup is 23.8. While the average age of the Leipzig defence tonight is 22.3! :S

Lets hope they can contain the PSG front 3 of Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria. 

Well, I hope not. I´m rooting for PSG because of the brazilians. haha

One interesting note, about Leipzig´s youth: 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, binder said:

Ok, but if Red Bull is so bad and will ruin football (which has always been money driven, you can go back as far as Real Madrid in the 50s if you really wanna be sincere abut it) how come they are selling their top scorer or why did they not get the Red Bull Salzburg kid Haaland?  One would think the evil vodka mixer empire would have kept him in their fizzy, urine tasting organization.

That could be said about any transfer, especially big, that happens in the world though? It's a weak logic I would say to play devil's advocate for against RB Leipzig's position and status in the game.

All I will say, to wrangle the Purists for the last time is that if either of these "horrible for football"teams play Bayern in the final, I will take these  "horrible teams| over Bayern. 

ANd Bayern actually play nice football and have the loveable Alphonso, but my dislike is too strong.

Come on Leipzig! Lets have an all German final! The Germans have started well so far, Nkunku's deflected shot went narrowly wide a couple of minutes ago and they are attacking again. Their pressing game is looking effective.

• The title was changed to RB Leipzig 0-3 PSG - Tuesday 18th August, 2020 (Semi-Final)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived