talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lyon 0-3 Bayern Munich - Wednesday 19th August, 2020 (Semi-Final)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Confidence will be sky high at the moment, I dont think Lyon will cause many problems. 

Bayern will not make a meal of scoring past Lyon, they will be efficient with their finishing and they could very well give Lyon a thrashing. Bayern simply have too much quality in their side. Lyon have done excellently to get this far and we shouldn't take anything away from their achievements. However, they won't be able to get past the best team in Europe.

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, CityTheBest said:

I stopped watching it years ago. I don't have BT sport and refuse to pay for their morally bankrupt sports broadcasts. Haven't missed it one bit.

Doesn't sound like it xD

Bayern are the heavy favorites here.

Bayern is a much better team and has better players.

What Lyon has going for them is that at least they're in much better physical shape than Barcelona and their midfield, despite being very young have three amazing players. 

I'd say it's 80%-20% Bayern.

13 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Bayern are the heavy favorites here.

Bayern is a much better team and has better players.

What Lyon has going for them is that at least they're in much better physical shape than Barcelona and their midfield, despite being very young have three amazing players. 

I'd say it's 80%-20% Bayern.

Bayern are 1/5 with most bookmakers, so they are unsurprisingly heavy favourites. Bayern look like a flawless side. If I had to pick a weak link, then it would probably be Boateng in defence. However, as I have mentioned previously, the quick defenders around him like Davies, Alaba and Kimmich, enable Boateng to play to his strengths. Lyon as you have mentioned are  strong physical side, which Man City found out to their detriment. 

Lyon will try to keep a clean sheet for as long as possible against Bayern and hope that they score from a set piece or a successful counter attack. However, given the firepower that Bayern posses, it looks unlikely that Lyon will hold out. Bayern should win this game relatively comfortably the way I see it and that's with all due respect to Lyon. Lyon have done great this season and they deserve to be in the semi-finals, but they are coming up against a Bayern team that are a class above them in my opinion.

I was sure that Lyon were going to blow it against Juventus, and then positive there were going to be embarrassed by Manchester City, now I have no idea what to think. 

Part of me wants me to see Munich win because they can beat PSG, and no one wants PSG winning the CL. 

Bayern are obvious favourites, but so were Citeh when they played Lyon. People said Lyon would get dicked and Citeh were favourites. The point is that a team who despatched the blue half of Manchester aren’t going to be push overs. They’re not being given enough credit. That being said, Bayern need to win and dick PSG 27-0.

Funny how before this mini Euro tourney started, the expert pundits were saying things like the long lay off for the Ligue 1 sides will mean they will lack match fitness and the lay off for the Bundesliga sides will hurt them, while yesterday the commentators were saying something about having not had to play,  up until the previous week, like the poor Englsih, Spanish and Italian clubs were the reasons the Bundesliga and French clubs had made the semi finals.

10 minutes ago, binder said:

Funny how before this mini Euro tourney started, the expert pundits were saying things like the long lay off for the Ligue 1 sides will mean they will lack match fitness and the lay off for the Bundesliga sides will hurt them, while yesterday the commentators were saying something about having not had to play,  up until the previous week, like the poor Englsih, Spanish and Italian clubs were the reasons the Bundesliga and French clubs had made the semi finals.

A Spanish and Italian club are both doing well in the Europa League...

I've got 2 minds about this one.

Part of me wants Lyon to win because that's an incredible underdog story of a side that beat Juve, Man City, and Bayern Munich to make it to the final. And if they could beat PSG... that's just one hell of an tale for them. And also would be a bit weird because I remember when Lyon were very, very, very good but if this (imo) not as good Lyon side would be the Lyon side to win the European Cup... well, that'd be strange.

Then my head tells me, "mate look what PSG have done to most French sides" - granted I've not looked up their record against Lyon in recent seasons - but I think this incredibly scary Bayern Munich side are the best side at making sure PSG don't win. Also... Bayern have been absolutely relentless in the CL this year and part of me feels like they "deserve" to win it (although you don't deserve to win it unless you make it to the final).

And realistically, I feel if both sides are playing at their absolute best... Bayern is still the much better side. They've got a good mix of experienced old heads and hungry youth desperate for success and they're brilliant to watch.

Whoever wins this, I hope is victorious over PSG. So I just hope for a good game and the winner of this to beat PSG.

• The title was changed to Lyon 0-3 Bayern Munich - Wednesday 19th August, 2020 (Semi-Final)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived