talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lyon 0-3 Bayern Munich - Wednesday 19th August, 2020 (Semi-Final)

6 hours ago, Michael said:

Bayern are 1/5 with most bookmakers, so they are unsurprisingly heavy favourites. Bayern look like a flawless side. If I had to pick a weak link, then it would probably be Boateng in defence. However, as I have mentioned previously, the quick defenders around him like Davies, Alaba and Kimmich, enable Boateng to play to his strengths. Lyon as you have mentioned are  strong physical side, which Man City found out to their detriment. 

Lyon will try to keep a clean sheet for as long as possible against Bayern and hope that they score from a set piece or a successful counter attack. However, given the firepower that Bayern posses, it looks unlikely that Lyon will hold out. Bayern should win this game relatively comfortably the way I see it and that's with all due respect to Lyon. Lyon have done great this season and they deserve to be in the semi-finals, but they are coming up against a Bayern team that are a class above them in my opinion.

All I'm hoping from this match is a good performance from Bruno Guimarães. 

Bruno, like Renan Lodi, was developed at my local team, Athletico Paranaense. I love the kid, he's a really talented young midfielder.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bayern have literally thrashed Barcelona, Chelsea, Tottenham and Red Star Belgrade this season when  they have met and in all honesty I don't think that this game will be any different. I don't think it will be as bigger a win as the win over Barcelona, but Bayern should still score plenty of goals against the well organised French team. The sooner Bayern score, the more likely their victory is likely to be larger in my opinion. Bayern Munich are starting with the usual suspects, it should be another entertaining encounter.

• The title was changed to Lyon 0-3 Bayern Munich - Wednesday 19th August, 2020 (Semi-Final)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived